What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, they went back to Radflo. Approx $1k to do the rebuild and upgrade. I had roughly 20k on them before the right front started making noise. I think I overheated them desert bombing.

Thanks for the info! I'm assuming that's just for the front right? Any upgrades to the rear while you're at it?

Did Titus Canyon today. Super cool trail but the book said it’s the most travelled and it certainly was. And people just flying.....I dunno, I’m out there to enjoy the scenery myself. There was a big spring here with a sign that said orchids grow there. I thought that was crazy, orchids in Death Valley.
E49CCA41-B8D9-41F0-9CA9-0BC1912D85AB.jpeg
1CA81A33-F2F1-4939-A7E9-19ECAB98F0FB.jpeg
4038CB81-CC36-49FC-9DE4-AB2450518DC1.jpeg
E85F7D92-BD8B-417B-896C-381392D81069.jpeg

Anyone with Total Chaos UCAs will know about the annoying squeaking sounds coming from the bushes and/or uniball. Had my bushes replaced with 1 piece poly bushes. Squeaks gone for now.... Hopefully it stays away for a while.

Anyone with Total Chaos UCAs will know about the annoying squeaking sounds coming from the bushes and/or uniball. Had my bushes replaced with 1 piece poly bushes. Squeaks gone for now.... Hopefully it stays away for a while.

You have a link to these? Mine usually get squeaky about every two years, I try and keep the uniballs clean with ptfe spray.

Installed the GROM from the group buy. Super easy with the included wiring harness and instructions. Took about 3 hours start to finish and so far works perfect.
D5CDBC88-498F-4807-A30A-12A87FBC375F.jpeg
7169E525-B8DA-4804-9821-DD2849F5DF05.jpeg
95760C45-63B4-44AA-80EA-47120C0C5C03.jpeg

Restored my headlights, and everything went perfectly....
60409976917__912AD911-57B5-4B8F-B566-73005A1E4FF1.JPG

60409970835__C74B05C0-3518-40F4-9C0E-54A64BA8C981.JPG

Until I removed the painters tape...
60410245739__8D1FD113-B4E1-48DB-AB1B-F717B884F7CB.JPG

That is all the way down to bare metal and about 6 inches long. Came right off with the painters tape. No idea how the hell this happened. I've never seen painters tape damage car paint.

Is this something a paint shop can fix without having to repaint that entire panel? Any suggestions?

Really bummed because I cant even enjoy how well the headlight turned out =/

Blizzard pearl strikes again. I have no idea how to fix that as I’m not a painter but I will say that I feel for you cuz I know I would be bummed. Good luck!

Blizzard pearl strikes again. I have no idea how to fix that as I’m not a painter but I will say that I feel for you cuz I know I would be bummed. Good luck!

And of course '04 isn't covered by the in-progress toyota "recall" around blizzard pearl. I thought i'd gotten lucky because my paint was in nearly perfect shape prior to today. some very light chips on the front bumper, but otherwise it looked phenomenal. Then I peel off that painters tape, and it just took a massive section of paint with it. Dumbfounded as to how a piece of tape caused so much damage.

That's a rough fix. Easy for a body shop, but definitely not a driveway repair.

Maybe a vinyl wrap?

Not sure where you live but if it's still raining where you luve, I'd suggest a coating of primer as it is bare metal. They do make white primer which should soften the blow.

That's a rough fix. Easy for a body shop, but definitely not a driveway repair.

Maybe a vinyl wrap?

Vinyl wrap just that panel? The vinyl would stand out from the rest of the car a lot more than new paint would, yeah? Never used vinyl wraps before. So I dont know how close it can be matched to paint.

Not sure where you live but if it's still raining where you luve, I'd suggest a coating of primer as it is bare metal. They do make white primer which should soften the blow.

Fortunately no rain today. Beautiful weather was what prompted me to go out and do the headlight restoration.

There's a pretty solid paint and body shop behind Georgia Tech's campus. They're open tomorrow at 8am. So I'm gonna head over when they open.

I've never had paint or body work done. This seems like a small repair. Reasonable to plan on sub $500?

Also found some good reviews for this kit online for the blizzard pearl. Figure worst case I can try this for the fender, or just stop by maaco on monday. My concern is less about having pristine looking paint (off-road and camping truck), and more about stopping that scratch from getting worse / rusting.

And of course '04 isn't covered by the in-progress toyota "recall" around blizzard pearl. I thought i'd gotten lucky because my paint was in nearly perfect shape prior to today. some very light chips on the front bumper, but otherwise it looked phenomenal. Then I peel off that painters tape, and it just took a massive section of paint with it. Dumbfounded as to how a piece of tape caused so much damage.
If it came off with tape it was already off, it just hadn't broken free from the surrounding paint. You likely have a LOT more ready to come off the same way.

If it came off with tape it was already off, it just hadn't broken free from the surrounding paint. You likely have a LOT more ready to come off the same way.

Ugh, that was my worry last night after looking at some pictures of other blizzard pearl issues.

I may just get this spot fixed and trade the truck in. I don’t have the time or money to deal with a complete paint job or wrap.

Finally swapped out the reverse bulbs for LEDs. I had a set from PFran gathering dust in the garage for over a year, but I wasn’t quite happy with the light output. Picked up a set off of Amazon recently with much improved output. Liking the updated look too so far.
Here’s a pic showing the difference between the LEDs and the stock bulb.
B521E307-7CD8-4C01-9BD0-6593FA1FE48A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom