Builds Scat's GX Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2005 GX470

Suspension;

Toytec 2.5 Series 3" coilovers
Icon Overland 3" rear coils
Toytec Boss rear shocks
Total Chaos Upper Control Arms
Metal Tech rear coil conversion
CVJ axles with high angle boots
Toytec's 1.5" bump stop extensions
Powerstop Z36 rotors and pads
Goodridge extended brake lines front and rear

Wheels & tires;
(5) 285/70 General Tire ATX with spare mounted in factory location
17" TRD Pro Wheels in Gunmetal

ARMOR:
ARB Prado 120 bullbar with foglights
CBI Sliders with flat plate top
CBI aluminum skid plates (front, mid, t-case)

MISC MODS:
ARB 2000 Awning
ARB CKMA12 air compressor
GOBI Stealth rack and ladder
Maggiolina Airlander+ Medium XL
Smitybuilt X20 10k winch with Factor 55 flatlink
Prado 120 black side molding
Kaon rear camp table
Depo sport headlights
WaterPort

Lighting & Electronics;
sPOD SE Circuit System with touchscreen
OZ-USA 9" LED Osram front lights
OZ-USA FR Series 4" oval lights
OZ-USA 40" multi colored rear light bar
OZ-USA LED rock lights
4300k HID headlights
Cobra 75wx cb radio
Firestik II 3 ft Antenna

Recent pictures;
18176152_10103588656141451_429228399_o_zpssw7xvgl1.jpg
17431359_10103482862048661_1871769887_o_zpskk8spwrp.jpg

4_zpsnqjerrtw.jpg

Bought the GX with 150k miles on it, the lady who owned it worked at a Toyota dealership and kept it really well maintained.

Stock picture the day I brought it home, immediately removed the running boards;

IMG_4796_zpsjnhknjgf.jpg

IMG_4797_zpskuymlke6.jpg

The goods;
IMG_4876_zpsuipbxlej.jpeg

IMG_4875_zpsie8skkqp.jpeg

Last edited:
really like the look, like the idea of the 3" lift.

How hard was the diff drop kit? Is the drive axles at a good angle

Diff drop kit is really simple, just a few bolts and insert the spacer, then use new bolts. The axles are at a pretty good level, I'll try and snap a closer picture. Im waiting for my rear coils to settle before maybe adjusting the front up a tad.

Love the split 5 spokes. Every time I see a set on craigslist for dirt cheap I cry because my wife wont let me buy anything else this year.

That looks fantastic! Very well done, and I assume the lift install presented no problems?

Very nice look! More GXs are good GXs! :)

That looks great!

wow looks great Scat ... no rear spoiler is rare i hear ... looking forward to see whats next :popcorn:

Yup took me a while to find a no navigation one, might add the spoiler later on though.

no aftermarket UCA's?

Stock UCA's for now.

That looks fantastic! Very well done, and I assume the lift install presented no problems?

Ah we did run into a few problems- couldnt get the shock dampener thing out on top of the front struts, so we just sawzall'd it out. Redneck garage thinking is always clutch. Also damaged the passenger rear wheel sensor so that needs to be replaced soon. And the last thing was that I had a brake shield rubbing from where it got bent during the install. Other than that just took a while as we were working at night for half the time.

Are those two black dots on the rear bumper backup sensors?

Yup, installed by the po. The speaker is in the back near the hatch, attached on by velcro and you can turn it off so Im keeping it for now. Figure I have the holes already in the bumper so why not.

Overall the truck drives great, a little loss in power but well worth the trade off. Trying to get the kinks out before heading down to the Baja 1000 in a month!

Yup took me a while to find a no navigation one, might add the spoiler later on though.

Tan interior it looks like? Make it dark interior, add the rear spoiler, and you've got the ultimate GX IMO. Love the pearl white.

Thanks Ian! Tan interior indeed and I personally preferred the tan interior over the black- felt more "Lexus" to me haha. And deep down it reminded me of my 3rd gen limited with the tan leather on white.

Cheers!

Nice looking GX you have there, love the rims and stance. Nice 3rd gen as well.
Keep up the good work will have to keep an eye on the build.
My diff CV angles after the 2.5" lift weren't actually bad at all, did the diff drop help alot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom