What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Big difference. My wife complained about all the bulbs on the GX looking ‘dated’. So I’ve started changing them here and there. Biggest visual difference was the headlight swap to 6k white.

That is all the way down to bare metal and about 6 inches long. Came right off with the painters tape. No idea how the hell this happened. I've never seen painters tape damage car paint.

Is this something a paint shop can fix without having to repaint that entire panel? Any suggestions?

Really bummed because I cant even enjoy how well the headlight turned out =/

I've had similar issues with my '05 blizzard pearl. I've heard rumors lately that Toyota is making a plan for the 04-07 models that are not covered in their initial paint warranty repairs but who knows. I'm going with another route for now- Amazon makes a 3 step spray paint of Blizzard pearl for about $90, color code is 070. I plan on taping off my bad spots and spraying them, going to try a few small spots to start to see how well it does. I'll keep you posted.

Finally swapped out the reverse bulbs for LEDs. I had a set from PFran gathering dust in the garage for over a year, but I wasn’t quite happy with the light output. Picked up a set off of Amazon recently with much improved output. Liking the updated look too so far.
Here’s a pic showing the difference between the LEDs and the stock bulb.

Link to what you bought? I got some morimoto bulbs and they're really bright and work great but are too long to fit in the housing in the tailgate.

I've had similar issues with my '05 blizzard pearl. I've heard rumors lately that Toyota is making a plan for the 04-07 models that are not covered in their initial paint warranty repairs but who knows. I'm going with another route for now- Amazon makes a 3 step spray paint of Blizzard pearl for about $90, color code is 070. I plan on taping off my bad spots and spraying them, going to try a few small spots to start to see how well it does. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks! I've been looking at one of those 3 stage rattle can kits as well. Would love to hear how it goes. Since you're in GA, there's a shop called "SprayGlo" in Conyers that has a solid reputation from what I can find online. I'm going down there in a couple weeks to have them look at my car and give me an estimate for a repaint. When I talked with them on the phone today, they ball parked ~$1200 for a full repaint and color change to the toyota tan color (not painting the door jambs, just exterior), assuming no body work is necessary. Not sure what you're looking to spend, but they may also be an option. I explained that I'm looking for something better than maaco but not show car quality, and dont need body work. That price seems pretty reasonable.

Link to what you bought? I got some morimoto bulbs and they're really bright and work great but are too long to fit in the housing in the tailgate.

[/iBrightstar Newest 9-30V Super Bright Low Power 7440 7443 T20 LED Bulbs with Projector Replacement for Back Up Reverse Lights or Tail Brake Lights,Xenon White Amazon product ASIN B06XQWPKKX

Thanks! I've been looking at one of those 3 stage rattle can kits as well. Would love to hear how it goes. Since you're in GA, there's a shop called "SprayGlo" in Conyers that has a solid reputation from what I can find online. I'm going down there in a couple weeks to have them look at my car and give me an estimate for a repaint. When I talked with them on the phone today, they ball parked ~$1200 for a full repaint and color change to the toyota tan color (not painting the door jambs, just exterior), assuming no body work is necessary. Not sure what you're looking to spend, but they may also be an option. I explained that I'm looking for something better than maaco but not show car quality, and dont need body work. That price seems pretty reasonable.

That's a great price assuming the quality is solid. I'd definitely explore that option at that price, I'd probably just have them repaint mine Blizzard Pearl but with a proper paint seal. Keep me posted on how that goes as well.

cheers,

That's a great price assuming the quality is solid. I'd definitely explore that option at that price, I'd probably just have them repaint mine Blizzard Pearl but with a proper paint seal. Keep me posted on how that goes as well.

cheers,

yeah, the price does seem a little too good to be true. if it wasn't for their reviews, i wouldn't consider making the drive for a proper estimate. got a list of places to call and talk to. the lexus-recommended paint & body shop ballparked $8K to repaint the car (lol!). I just want to get rid of the blizzard pearl (so I dont have to worry about other areas starting to peel and chip) and have something that will last as long as i take care of it. if i can find an option for < $2000 i'd begrudgingly do it. otherwise it may be touch ups and, down the road, monstalining it.

yeah, the price does seem a little too good to be true. if it wasn't for their reviews, i wouldn't consider making the drive for a proper estimate. got a list of places to call and talk to. the lexus-recommended paint & body shop ballparked $8K to repaint the car (lol!). I just want to get rid of the blizzard pearl (so I dont have to worry about other areas starting to peel and chip) and have something that will last as long as i take care of it. if i can find an option for < $2000 i'd begrudgingly do it. otherwise it may be touch ups and, down the road, monstalining it.
have you looked into a wrap? I think $2000 is about ballpark, more durable doesn't chip and pretty much guaranteed quality look.

have you looked into a wrap? I think $2000 is about ballpark, more durable doesn't chip and pretty much guaranteed quality look.

I really want to avoid wrapping it if i can. a good quality single stage paint seems to hold up well over time with regular waxing, and pinstripes can be buffed out pretty well. a tear in the vinyl means i would have to get that panel re-wrapped. i've been under the impression that vinyl isn't a great option for something that goes off since you cant fix scratches without re-wrapping. is this not the case?

I really want to avoid wrapping it if i can. a good quality single stage paint seems to hold up well over time with regular waxing, and pinstripes can be buffed out pretty well. a tear in the vinyl means i would have to get that panel re-wrapped. i've been under the impression that vinyl isn't a great option for something that goes off since you cant fix scratches without re-wrapping. is this not the case?
honestly I don't know... but the times I have seen vinyl (albeit very limited) it held up well to pin-striping and even scrapes that would have badly scratched paint. but it does really well with dents, since it doesn't crack like paint.

But you are right, if it tears, you would have to repair, though it would only be one section not the whole thing...

Just throwing ideas out, s*** situation for sure. My paint has chipped up by the windshield washer nozzle two spots about the size of a dime... fortunately the vinyl hood black kit will cover that... and of course the normal rock chips near the grill...

honestly I don't know... but the times I have seen vinyl (albeit very limited) it held up well to pin-striping and even scrapes that would have badly scratched paint. but it does really well with dents, since it doesn't crack like paint.

But you are right, if it tears, you would have to repair, though it would only be one section not the whole thing...

Just throwing ideas out, s*** situation for sure. My paint has chipped up by the windshield washer nozzle two spots about the size of a dime... fortunately the vinyl hood black kit will cover that... and of course the normal rock chips near the grill...

my only experience with vinyl is with friends who have much nicer cars than i do, lol, never with any off-road vehicles. fortunately there's no shortage of wrap shops in and around atlanta. i'll call around and get some feedback. i wonder if there's any concern that, with the paint chipping and peeling so much, removing the vinyl could pull so much paint that i'd have to get it repainted before re-wrapping. worth looking into.

We went to Windrock, TN this weekend. It was a great time! The truck did great this weekend. I am slowly learning to drive with ATRAC and it really works well if I let it.
Windrock G1 trail pic1.jpg

Windrock G1 trail pic6.jpg

my only experience with vinyl is with friends who have much nicer cars than i do, lol, never with any off-road vehicles. fortunately there's no shortage of wrap shops in and around atlanta. i'll call around and get some feedback. i wonder if there's any concern that, with the paint chipping and peeling so much, removing the vinyl could pull so much paint that i'd have to get it repainted before re-wrapping. worth looking into.
very good point. I'd be interested to hear what they say

75711-60061
75712-60061
75721-60061
75722-60061
75660-60050
75670-60050
Those are the part numbers.
Carmarka That is the website I ordered them from. You can use that or just do a search for those numbers. Far as I can tell they are not US part numbers. Mine came from Dubai in the UAE. On the website I used you build an order and give them your address and e-mail and within about 4-5 hours you will get an e-mail with total prices including shipping. You pay from that e-mail. Sounds strange but it worked for me and my total was $175.12.

Thanks dcg141 I followed you and got all 6 window belts. Great fit, seem factory with Toyota stickers. Shipping came in very well protected box, with wood reinforced sides, and fragile labeling all over. $150.32 shipped to FL.

Thanks dcg141 I followed you and got all 6 window belts. Great fit, seem factory with Toyota stickers. Shipping came in very well protected box, with wood reinforced sides, and fragile labeling all over. $150.32 shipped to FL.
Yeah- half the time when I order parts on ebay they come from Dubai... FYI they have a Corona outbreak there right now so I was a bit sketched out taking delivery yesterday of some parts... hmm hmm hmm...

Yeah- half the time when I order parts on ebay they come from Dubai... FYI they have a Corona outbreak there right now so I was a bit sketched out taking delivery yesterday of some parts... hmm hmm hmm...
I'd say if you can handle our US flew you can handle corona.

Anyone with Total Chaos UCAs will know about the annoying squeaking sounds coming from the bushes and/or uniball. Had my bushes replaced with 1 piece poly bushes. Squeaks gone for now.... Hopefully it stays away for a while.
Mine have never made as much as a peep in over 2 years. 🤷‍♂️
in other news, I finally got the Radflo’s back from rebuild and installed them. It’s nice not to rely on the 37yo FJ60 to get me everywhere.

81D6CFF2-A83D-498A-8A88-5D2DD4AE81F7.jpeg

B689E4A9-CBF2-4F69-B475-7CA68B236BEB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom