What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have been putting off doing the valve cover gaskets for a couple years, despite having the parts on hand. Today was the day, well at least for one side. It looked pretty good for 245k in my opinion.

2CBC5A21-F90A-4750-A8F4-63A202CB152A.jpeg

It's really pretty easy, except for the dumb spark plug tube seals. I would buy a couple extra, one to use as a sacrificial seal driver and an extra if you mess one up on accident. The weather cooled off and they started seeping again which is one of the reasons I went for it. Also, my pcv breather hose crumbled when I touched it, the hose was plasticized pretty bad. It should arrive at the dealer tomorrow with a new pcv, something else to consider replacing.

I did 3/4 O2 sensors. Bank 2 Sensor 1 didn't want to let go. I have bigger/better tools coming. Of course...it's the one with a voltage code :p P0051 ftw (until tomorrow).

Changed out my rear springs to compensate for bumper and tire carrier weight to C59-327 Dobinsons. I am pretty sure the red ones add 12 bHP +/-.
IMG_2958x.jpg

I now have some C59-325 springs in teal with ~5000 miles for sale :)

Oh, and this is my first set of KO2s. Louder than my Duratracs from my old truck, but not loud by any measure. I'd recommend them to anyone who has been holding back due to noise.

Last edited:
Oh, and this is my first set of KO2s. Louder than my Duratracs from my old truck, but not loud by any measure. I'd recommend them to anyone who has been holding back due to noise.
44# of sound deadening in the GX over the 4R.. totally awesome! 👍

Developed a hole in my wallet and bought SR5 wheels and slapped on KO2s. Stock setup with 265/70r17s. Loving them. The SR5s sit flush with the flares when combines with the KO2s. Already sold the new Dunlop AT20s to some poor soul.

I got a set of TRD offroad wheels and a spare with Dunlops that had 80 something miles on them for $750. Compared to the Cooper Discoverer LSX that were on the car before the Dunlops are miles better. Next step is to get some offroad tires for the old set of wheels

I got a set of TRD offroad wheels and a spare with Dunlops that had 80 something miles on them for $750. Compared to the Cooper Discoverer LSX that were on the car before the Dunlops are miles better. Next step is to get some offroad tires for the old set of wheels
I picked up the wheels with tires for $575. 0 miles on them. taken off at the dealer before delivery. Sold the Dunlop’s for $375. Wheels = $200. Slick.

Funny how rubber can be the difference. Lots of people swear by the Dunlop’s — well, some — but I’ve read enough accounts to scare me away. The Coopers I had on my GX sucked too. Balance issues for days...

Oh, you got yourself a great deal on those TRDs.

I picked up the wheels with tires for $575. 0 miles on them. taken off at the dealer before delivery. Sold the Dunlop’s for $375. Wheels = $200. Slick.

Funny how rubber can be the difference. Lots of people swear by the Dunlop’s — well, some — but I’ve read enough accounts to scare me away. The Coopers I had on my GX sucked too. Balance issues for days...
What coopers did you have? Loving my AT3 XLT’s

F2E400B8-EC14-4D94-AB50-3022D7A12814.jpeg

Trying out Kenda Klever 35x10.50R17 RTs.

So far...I like them!!

98D2A6DA-C4CB-4409-9254-E3321F30654B.jpeg

Not exactly today, but this week has been busy.
35718718-0E8B-4098-816B-411D123C8001.jpeg
A660D834-CCA8-4737-A5B4-F30F55DED3B7.jpeg
91F4F91A-2D93-47C4-83CA-1BFC4D34AB88.jpeg
41B6382B-1698-41B6-A717-A7E8D9F4269F.jpeg
Finally got around to starting to remove the pinstripes I got from that trail that busted my window. Just passenger side for know. I’m happy with the results.

Thats the exact issue that I'm having. The previous owner put them on and looking at the maintenance records he gave me they've been balanced 5 times at the Lexus dealer in the last 10k miles and they still shake at anything over 50. I will not be buying anything made by Cooper in the future

It was maddening. Luckily I went to discount tire and they have that bring it back guarantee. I used the credit toward the Goodyears and never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom