What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got her last week, 98k miles, 2004, black interior, 3rd row, no kdss. It was traded in to a Lincoln dealership here in north Texas, they put on tires and fixed the front CV boot, few scratches but no dents.

Grom USB unit install, Oil change (rest of fluids next week), 3rd row delete, air filter, cabin filter, clean, led accent lights, fuses, trying to fix rear DVD player (screen doesn’t come on, worked once while I had it)

Todo:
Timing belt/WP/front seal
Fluids
Spark plugs
Front differential mount fix
Led turn signal relay
Install arb air compressor
Plan drawers
Paint grill
Suggestions?
View attachment 2034288
Congrats and welcome!! 🤙
Clean rig amazingly low miles!!!
Running board delete! 🤘

Definitely chatting all over the place. Gear is one thing but the one that hangs in my head and I bring up now as a conversation (argument lol) starter. PSI. There was a class the first day of summit and I don’t remember the guys name but he said he simply airs down to 25 and leaves it like that as long as adventure is being had. He used his wife’s gx during the class and said they drove 1200 miles at 25 psi. Curious about what people here think. Not that we should but it almost warrants a thread of its own because the guy admitted as many drivers there are will be the same amount of opinions on psi

Start the new thread to discuss psi. Airing down has always been a dilemma for me when off pavement. 25 psi seems like a good compromise between not too low and not too high.

You get a little more traction offroad and still have enough to drive on pavement to a gas station and air up.

What was his rationale for 25 psi being the sweet spot?

Oh my, yes.

I have a friend who doesn't air down, but he rides p-metrics. Twice when he aired down in AZ he got tire damage each time, so he's gun shy.
I aired down to 25, 22 usually, then last may I went to 18 and it blew my mind; of course having a pump is key when going below 25ish. As said, @ 25 I got better traction and could drive home then air up at home, but doing elephant hill @ 18 last may vs 25 previously... The traction is leagues apart.

Learning and experiencing... Keys to developing opinions and experiences.
We all have our learning curves...keep learning! 🤘💪

Last edited:
Oh my, yes.

I have a friend who doesn't air down, but he rides p-metrics. Twice when he aired down in AZ he got tire damage each time, so he's gun shy.
I aired down to 25, 22 usually, then last may I went to 18 and it blew my mind; of course having a pump is key when going below 25ish. As said, @ 25 I got better traction and could drive home then air up at home, but doing elephant hill @ 18 last may vs 22 previously... The tractions is leagues apart.

Learning and experiencing... Keys to developing opinions and experiences.
We all have our curves
I air mine down to 10-15psi, the ride is so much better! Granted I have 285/75r17 tires so I can get away with less air pressure.

Installed a superwinch Tiger Shark 11500 with synthetic rope. Solenoid barely fit with it on top of the winch.

AD8E4C37-C451-4301-8D25-EE5B38B8CE93.jpeg

5DDE4A15-653F-417B-B12E-F7456A67BD20.jpeg

I think you’ve got his logic when you say traction/highway compromise. Honestly it was kind of annoying he was giving a talk to a rather large group of people, there was a PA system and he wouldn’t use it. Someone finally asked him to but overall I was getting bits and pieces.
Today I did Imogene pass from telluride side, it’s still not open all the way through. And Ophir pass. This pic is coming back down from Imogene into telluride. You’re looking at someone’s driveway and if you look close it seems they have some kind of elevator to said car pad and there’s stairs on the other side. Whatever. I thought it was super cool. Plus the truck...
91B83A1E-7465-4A8B-967F-3616D04E2CFB.jpeg

Definitely chatting all over the place. Gear is one thing but the one that hangs in my head and I bring up now as a conversation (argument lol) starter. PSI. There was a class the first day of summit and I don’t remember the guys name but he said he simply airs down to 25 and leaves it like that as long as adventure is being had. He used his wife’s gx during the class and said they drove 1200 miles at 25 psi. Curious about what people here think. Not that we should but it almost warrants a thread of its own because the guy admitted as many drivers there are will be the same amount of opinions on psi

That was woody...owner of this site lol.

I did figure that out and meant no disrespect, it was just hard to hear him and clearly he had knowledge to share.....

He's a very very knowledgeable wheeler. I love going out with him. So much fun and he is an epic spotter. I know you didn't mean disrespect. It's all good. Plus, I tease him all the time anyway :p

That is a beefy antenna mount! As for the CB, I am wondering if the ashtray and cig plug can be removed for a clean mounting option.

I installed my Curt Spectrum Brake Controller. I had trouble finding the plug because my truck already had a controller at one time from the PO, although the controller was removed the pigtail was still installed and connected. I eventually found a non factory wiring harness and traced it to an open plug. I zip tied the controller to the A/C lines under the dash but I am not sure if this is adequate (feed back welcome)

)
IMG_2712x.JPG
IMG_2711x.JPG

In the Montana high country

472C559C-0C60-4D1E-8F0E-AE66F2B7A23C.jpeg

20190727_144231.jpg
20190727_144317.jpg
20190727_144351.jpg

Finally ditched the air bags and installed 2015 4runner 2.5" lift springs and Firestone helper air bags #6003 4.75" x 10". Used Energy Suspension 15.6103G RAMPED COIL SPRNG ISOLATOR SET and drilled/countersunk hokey pucks to locate the spring on the axle. Couldn't find an isolator for the top of the spring so I just cut some 3/4" radiator hose and slid it over the first coil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom