What did you do to your pig today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got all the body mounts fixed and got the rockers cut out. Had 2x4 box steel welded in and tied to the frame. New bushings and not having the body resting on the frame rails make for a much quieter ride

Looks great! Did you get the rear body mounts done? If so,could you put some pics in my body mount thread for repair info.

:cheers:

Took the rear bumper ends off my 69 parts vehicle. Cleaning them up to put on the 74.

Attempted to put the window regulators back in the doors... It didn't go as well as I hoped.

Wow, wish I knew him back then.

Any contact info to see if he still has Pig items?

Didn't John Pardi end up with some of the Warden parts collection? He's here on 'Mud...

Window handles on Door

How do you get them off so that you can remove the door covers?

That was not supposed to be in this thread

Last edited:
There is a tiny metal 1/2 clip that goes on handle snapping onto the shaft. If you push the door cover back and turn the handle you will see a part of the clip that sticks out. I have always had a tough time getting them off easily. I have used a dental pick in the slot to pull it off, but some people have found that threading a rag around the handle and using it to catch the clip and slide it off.

Just watch it as it tends to fly off once you get it close, and they are a pia to find. lol

Ryan

How do you get them off so that you can remove the door covers?

That was not supposed to be in this thread

Attempted to put the window regulators back in the doors... It didn't go as well as I hoped.
\

Those things can be a PITA, can't they?

Didn't John Pardi end up with some of the Warden parts collection? He's here on 'Mud...

John has his own stash of parts. John is very easy to deal with and a great guy. He has thousands of parts, but not as many as Danny. But Danny and his brothers inhereted all of the dads parts when he retired.

\

Those things can be a PITA, can't they?

No kidding... what I thought would be a one hour job turned into a day... lame but at least they are done...:D

Body mount pics as requested.....
body mount 1.jpg
body mount 2.jpg

Why did you have them out? Were you servicing them?

What was the issue putting them back in?

I had them out so I could replace all the weatherseals and use the windows from my parts pig. The PO didn't mask the darn things when he decided to spraypaint it. So when I repainted I took everything out.

They aren't to hard to understand they are just tricky to get setup right... If you don't have the throw correct you have to redo it. Once you get it though it goes pretty quick. I also did the back window and we all know how much work that is... My wires had broken so that added to the fun.

Good times hangin with the cruiser

Got pics

I left my 55 at my parent's vacation place in Moab, well evidently my dad, mom, and their dog decided that my 55 needed to get out. SO they took it out and surprised me with some pics at work. Was pretty cool! I am glad to see it is getting used. :)
100_2109.JPG
100_2110.JPG
100_2127.JPG

I left my 55 at my parent's vacation place in Moab, well evidently my dad, mom, and their dog decided that my 55 needed to get out. SO they took it out and surprised me with some pics at work. Was pretty cool! I am glad to see it is getting used. :)

Awesome that your Pig is chillin' in Moab!

What a place...

Finally got those new buckets bolted in. Had to move the amps to fit the new seatbracket...kind of a PITA.
Also, seems I broke one of my underbody LED lighttubes...and they're not very waterproof either. So I got some new, tougher tubes for the underbody effects, I'm putting the 3 remaining other tubes in the back of the Pig as an interior light...
stuff 002.jpg
stuff 003.jpg
stuff 004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom