What did you do to your pig today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pic of needs?
@Pigeaten It seems right now that all I need is the passenger rear flare. I’ll know more after Friday when media blasting is happening

96809C4F-7D22-4318-9E98-187B803FCE83.jpeg

That hood could tell some stories!
@Hobbs81 i have an old style hood from a 1969 that is in good condition except for the front edge. Infinitely better than what I see in your picture. It has been sand blasted and lightly primered. Located in Las Vegas.

Noticed that the passenger front outside door handle no longer worked. Insde handle still worked, so i knew where the problem was. Pulled out the linkage and moved the little flat piece that the thumb button pushes on. It's not my favorite job. But i put it back together and it works again.

20230419_144017.jpg

20230419_144033.jpg

@Hobbs81 i have an old style hood from a 1969 that is in good condition except for the front edge. Infinitely better than what I see in your picture. It has been sand blasted and lightly primered. Located in Las Vegas.
This pig is beyond help other than as a parts source. I’m hoping to make a wall hanger out of the front 12” of the grill/hood/fenders.

This pig is beyond help other than as a parts source. I’m hoping to make a wall hanger out of the front 12” of the grill/hood/fenders.
Ah….now I understand why you bought the front grill.

More weirdness. Trying to decide which doghouse to use. The 76 one has that hole that corresponds with the vent panel on the exterior. The other possible doghouse doesn’t have it…. Was sone engineer tasked with finding an oz. If weight savings?? These kind of things send my mind racing (well trudging these days ) do figure out why….🤡

75DEA5CD-CAB1-487F-BFD1-A7C7CA9388F6.jpeg

78733369-D425-4536-B296-FF8CD779876D.jpeg

The passenger side has the hole. Drivers side solid, at least on this dog house.
The pass. side will be for the heater blower. On my 71 they still had a vent hole on the driver's side, too which I think they eliminated on later models. Maybe you have one from a part of the world where they drive on the wrong side and the blower is on the other side. Weird how parts get mix matched through the years.

I got a panel bolted to the hole in my DS panel, fenders are from a '69...

20230422_134612.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom