Builds What did you do to your Land Cruiser/Toyota/Lexus 4X4 this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I determined that it's a re-build for my 62's A440F transmission. Dirty brown and stinking like a burnt phone book? I could kick the can down the road by doing a full flush...but after 190,000 miles, there's a reason that fluid's burnt.

However......I'm not hugely qualified to perform that rebuild, and most definitely not while I'm down in Arizona.

SO: Are there recommendations for a tranny shop somewhere either in the Phoenix or Prescott areas? If the choices are FAST, CHEAP, or GOOD ....I'll take Door #3, please.

I have had good luck with Kens. Home

I have not yet had a Toyota transmission done there but a few GM and Fords

Got new meats.
IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Sweet tires. Ron, did you happen to check the date codes on the tires you pulled off?

Updated the Y-Pipe to the '96 version with in line cats and needed to relocate the O2 sensors. The '93 is a mixture sampling system with O2 both before the cats and the '96 is a before/after system that monitors the levels into and then out of the cats. Many have just deleted the P.A.I.R. system and used the unused ports for the O2 sensors; I needed to leave the emissions system in place so new O2 ports were needed in each down pipe.

After the conversation with the muffler shop I decided it would be best/easiest to just do the new ports myself. I could put them where I wanted and take all the time I needed to make sure they cleared everything. I decided against just capping the '96 O2 port and cut it off and welded it closed. Anyone need O2 port caps? LOL I have three I did not use. (I needed one but Toyota showed only 3 in the national system so I bought all three. Now I don't need any. :doh:)

Now a trip to the muffler shop to have a piece that connects the '96 cat to the new '93 muffler back stuff.

Installed my solar panel - 1.21 gigawatts

Did you build the rack with that panel in mind, or just get lucky that it fit, well, perfectly?

Backed the 40 out of the warehouse after putting everything back together. Took it out to test the new brakes. It is scary. The brakes are as sensitive as the brakes on my wife's Ford Escape. If I don't watch out, before I get used to them, I may put my head through the windshield. I had no clue that going from 4 wheel drum brakes with no booster to 4 wheel disc brakes with a booster would make THAT much of a difference. Topped off the fluids in the drive train, while I had it up on jacks, and gave it a quick tuneup (timing and air/fuel mixture) while putting it back together.

I'm finally getting around to getting the Land Cruiser up to snuff. Finally tackling the EGR error, cleaning and replacing the EGR VSV. I'm also going to take this opportunity to replace every vacuum and cooling hose. I am also fixing the massive oil leaks from the front, crankshaft, oil pump cover, valve cover half moons and distributor. I have it all apart only to discover oil in the distributor housing, an internal leak. :frown:

Everything I've read is the distributor housing shaft can't really be service. BOOOOOOOO!

I'm finally getting around to getting the Land Cruiser up to snuff. Finally tackling the EGR error, cleaning and replacing the EGR VSV. I'm also going to take this opportunity to replace every vacuum and cooling hose. I am also fixing the massive oil leaks from the front, crankshaft, oil pump cover, valve cover half moons and distributor. I have it all apart only to discover oil in the distributor housing, an internal leak. :frown:

Everything I've read is the distributor housing shaft can't really be service. BOOOOOOOO!

Good luck with the EGR error on your '94. If you find the magic bullet let me know...it's the only thing I have yet to get resolved.

I went through the whole oil leak process you are doing a couple months ago, it is not bad just takes time and the RIGHT #3 cross point bit for the oil pump housing screws. I also did new water pump, thermostat, Radiator, fan clutch, hoses, belts and pulley's because "ya might as well while you got it all apart".

Off topic, but found the issue on the kid's Nissan...
Added to the "never heard of this happen" list.
lost the rotor retaining screw in the dizzy.:hmm:
NCM_0177.JPG

NCM_0179.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom