'93 FZJ Getting a New Look Interior (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! That looks so nice. I guess, you're not putting in the 3rd seat? I'd love to do this to my 94 LC but keep the same color scheme with new seat treatment. Great job.

Wow, leather wrapping the plastic... that's pretty serious! I hope you never need to put skis back there! Kudos :)

Wow! That looks so nice. I guess, you're not putting in the 3rd seat? I'd love to do this to my 94 LC but keep the same color scheme with new seat treatment. Great job.

No, I deleted everything that had to do with the third row seats...brackets, belts, handles, latches etc. They are wrapped and sealed on a shelf in my shop just in case there someday becomes a market for them...last I checked you could get 50 bucks for boat anchors but could not give away 3rd row seats. :D We considered staying with the factory colors but then I thought..."We are spending all this money on a custom interior...why make it look factory?" We thought about staying more in the grey range because of all the plastic but when I asked and Brian agreed to the idea of covering it all that sealed the deal for full color change.

Wow, leather wrapping the plastic... that's pretty serious! I hope you never need to put skis back there! Kudos :)

Skis would go on the roof not the back...that's where the boot bags go. The wife and I are pretty fastidious so the gear is not the worry...just the dogs :oops:

I totally agree with going with different colors with the money spent. I'd like to do the same thing with my baby, some day soon, interior and engine (if and when necessary). You have inspired a lot of us to keep our 80's going. Thanks

I totally agree with going with different colors with the money spent. I'd like to do the same thing with my baby, some day soon, interior and engine (if and when necessary). You have inspired a lot of us to keep our 80's going. Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. Yea, we look at each other and ask "are we crazy?!" with some of the plans for the 'Cruiser. Now we're pretty much committed to a motor swap in the future to get close to getting full value out of this rig.

I was staring at the 'cruiser today while I had it on the lift re bleeding the brakes and doing a motor/trans mount replacement thinking..."I know I bought that 2" lift but I think it may need to go up 4"..." Oh well, there is always the "mud" classifieds for selling the 2"...:bang:

In the end, we're keeping a small part of Mr. T's legacy on the road and depriving the scrappers of another lump...have to feel good about that:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom