What did you do on your 70 series today? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think my turbo is shot.
👎🏽
IMG_5466.jpeg

Completed a brake system overhaul on the Troopy the other day. All the Terrain Tamer stuff: double diaphragm brake booster, master cylinder, calipers, pads, drums, shoes, braided lines, all the bits and pieces. Not cheap, but it made a huge difference, worth every penny. They say it improves stopping distance by 30 percent or so, but it's much more than that. It's the feel of the brake pedal. Instead of lifting my heel off the floor to soft stomp a slowdown, the heel stays on the floor and the response is smooth and powerful, like a (*gasp!*) normal car. Got big hills around here and this makes all the difference.

IMG_1217.jpeg
IMG_1218.jpeg
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_1220.jpeg
IMG_1221.jpeg

Completed a brake system overhaul on the Troopy the other day. All the Terrain Tamer stuff: double diaphragm brake booster, master cylinder, calipers, pads, drums, shoes, braided lines, all the bits and pieces. Not cheap, but it made a huge difference, worth every penny. They say it improves stopping distance by 30 percent or so, but it's much more than that. It's the feel of the brake pedal. Instead of lifting my heel off the floor to soft stomp a slowdown, the heel stays on the floor and the response is smooth and powerful, like a (*gasp!*) normal car. Got big hills around here and this makes all the difference.

View attachment 3351260View attachment 3351261View attachment 3351262View attachment 3351263View attachment 3351264.
Got a link to this kit?

Been trying to get a 24V OEM keyless entry set up for my HZJ77. @ATL Cruiser awesome thread about the RS3200 system inspired me to do this but I did things a bit differently as mine is not all Toyota stuff.

Last edited:
Spent the day trying to trace down a probable ignition fault without success. Working outside dodging periods of rain wasn't much fun. While I was at it, I got distracted when I spotted my blower resistor. Think I might know why it doesn't work...
1687065389965.png

Replaced both the engine and transmission mounts today. One engine mount was totally torn.

Quick job to swap them out.Fan has since stopped hitting the shroud occasionally.

Mission accomplished.
Do you still have the BJ74? At least I think that’s what you had a while ago

Added a Magnetic mic holder to my vhf

console.jpg
mic.jpg

So my three older kids, (3 boys 17, 15, 13) decided that their adventure this year is they want to explore the largest caving system in western Canada. So to make this happen they need to learn the skills to help them be successful.

We took the Land Cruiser to where I was training them so this counts right? 😃

This cave system almost immediately requires you to drop into a lower cavern through a hole in the floor about 80ft. To simulate this for them, I used a crane. There is a lot going on so I had one of my friends from SAR assist me.
View attachment 3346139
I taught them both to repel, but also how to free hand climb up the rope, proper technique, etc.
View attachment 3346140
Also use of belay, safety, safety, safety... etc.

View attachment 3346142
The boys had fun, and are getting more and more excited as their mom gets more and more nervous, lol. It's a mom's prerogative...
:cheers:

View attachment 3346136

Nice! I did some deep caving using equipment in Mexico. It is certainly an adventure!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom