What did you do on your 70 series today? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you link the holly EFI kit you're using? Definetly something I'm looking to add to my carb'd 1FZ.

Also, thanks for the whiskey! I took one of the bottles to Maui and enjoyed it everyday 😅

Almost forgot. This is non cruiser related but I figured I can’t talk about Maui without some sort of picture.

C0D565BB-DC77-48BC-8F10-9C087E33D068.jpeg

Reason I ask is because the 77 I bought came with a set of same wheels you have

PO/Importer had installed them with standard acorn/60 degree nuts that had external spline profile that required special tool to install/remove....not uncommon

The problem is that the lug nuts only have 5 threads of enguagement.....thats no go on an M12x1.5 lug.

Without seeing them a local tire shop mentioned I "Might" be able to use ET lug nuts to get the 3 extra threads of enguagement but I'm not entirely sold and would like to hear thoughts from others

Traveling for work but when I get back I’ll grab some better measurements to confirm if I’m being stupid risky. I’ll grab some dimensions off the bores to see if a set of ET lugs would work too

Yes please

p/n "should" be 90116-08331
I have to call in tomorrow morning to place an order for a few items

Any chance you have a valve cover gasket for a 1HZ too?

Found em! :D

20230605_141301.jpg

Today? Well, today I am currently camping with the wife and friends. One of the few occasions you will find this particular land cruiser in a camp ground. We usually find our own spots. Away from all the tourists. Those are the people we go and find and rescue when they leave their native pavement. Haha
20230604_085757.jpg

My favorite... the cruiser would hide behind the bushes, then jump out and scare the li'l jeeps that would occasionally go by....
20230604_201959.jpg

This is some example of what was "camping" there:
20230603_202437.jpg

Took them a week last time to get back to me, most of the time for rare parts they typically come back and say, "unavailable". Don't pay until they say it's available. Shipping then took another 2 weeks.

Be patient, but be prepared to file a claim with your credit card company if they don't ship.

Front pipe confirmed in stock and ordered

Response was that they will have it from supplier in 3 days.....from which I presume they will ship to me.

Shipping was more than the part......

I have a means of ordering in future for stuff I can plan ahead for that doesnt include obscene shipping....but wait time is months.

I needed the pipe pretty much now and am considering taking it to custom exhaust shop when it arrives and have them bend up a stainless pipe that will last pretty much forever

I would have done it with current pipe but a section is in no bueno condition and I'm not sure I could get it out in one piece

On that note, it looks like the front pipe on the 1HZ is going to have to come out the bottom of the vehicle and probably remove RF tire to support wiggle/rotation to get it out......there's a nasty contortion/bend as it comes down off manifold and exits across the frame then down again......

So finally got my ARB Air Lockers ( front and rear) , ARB Air Compressor, and new rotors installed. Big thanks to Rob at OddIron Offroad for always doing a kick ass job on whatever he does!!!!!! I really like the switch positions on the dash plate.

IMG_9790.jpeg
IMG_9785.jpeg
IMG_9787.jpeg
IMG_9786.jpeg
IMG_8210.jpeg

Last edited:
Ordered two new a/c vents to replace the two middle ones that did not open or close. Now all of my a/c vents will open and close.

Not sure why the middle two vents don't open and close like the other two from the factory but at least that set up is in the past now. Credit goes to @OGBeno for this in one of his threads long ago which inspired me to do the same.

vent3.jpg

vent4.jpg

vent1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom