What did you do on your 70 series today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's gonna leak. :rofl:

Inkedgaskets_LI (2).jpg

when you need to rebuild the front axle and not all gasket are available at the dealer (pandemic delays ...) so DIY ...
View attachment 2652637

View attachment 2652638
My wife has a cricut machine which will cut a variety of material to a pattern/picture or diagram from the PC. First thing I thought was "wow I could make all my own gaskets from that".....

One day to scale images of gaskets will be available and shops or individuals will be able to use the cricut machines to make their own gaskets. Another example of using technology to make on-site as opposed to paying to stock, organize, control, and ship items/material around the world.

Last edited:
when you need to rebuild the front axle and not all gasket are available at the dealer (pandemic delays ...) so DIY ...
How did you cut those?
I have done some using the school's laser.

Removed what I'd believed to be an abandoned kill-switch that was above the door as I thought that would make a good spot to run my solar panel wire into the cab as there's already a hole there...it wasn't abandoned, there was a live 24v wire attached to it. traced it and pulled the whole thing out.

kill-switch.JPG
kill-switch-back.JPG
wire.JPG

That's the second of two kill-switches this thing had, along with steel wire-mesh screwed into the inside of the rear slider-windows...P.O. must have lived in a sketchy neighborhood.

Keep in mind a sheer pin is meant to be the weak link in a PTO winch.
I have read how others installed high-strength bolts for the original shear pin.
I am banking on the mild steel.
Here's a quote from MUD 2007
OEM upgrade

The Toyota OEM "upgraded" PTO winch shear pin is available from Vancouver. It is 5mm in diameter and of unknown hardness. If it shears off again - I will report back.

With manual tools
Olfa knife and a revolving punch plier...
the gasket 0.4 mm thinkness
There is no way I could have been that steady with a knife.
You have skills!

Removed what I'd believed to be an abandoned kill-switch that was above the door as I thought that would make a good spot to run my solar panel wire into the cab as there's already a hole there...it wasn't abandoned, there was a live 24v wire attached to it. traced it and pulled the whole thing out.

View attachment 2652799View attachment 2652805View attachment 2652812

That's the second of two kill-switches this thing had, along with steel wire-mesh screwed into the inside of the rear slider-windows...P.O. must have lived in a sketchy neighborhood.
I feel like you just pulled out a parasite....

Installed a new 'saggy diaper' Trasharoo, my last one disintegrated due to UV. I'll have to remove this when not in use if I want it to last more than a year. Kinda of a PIA as there's not much room between the tire and the door.
T-Roo.JPG

Also loaded up my gear for a week of mountain biking in St. George and Sedona, taking the scenic route down U.S. 93 & 89, yellow ammo can is my groover just in case it's required where I camp and digging a hole in the red-rock and sand is sometimes not possible.

Installed a new 'saggy diaper' Trasharoo, my last one disintegrated due to UV. I'll have to remove this when not in use if I want it to last more than a year. Kinda of a PIA as there's not much room between the tire and the door.View attachment 2653617

Also loaded up my gear for a week of mountain biking in St. George and Sedona, taking the scenic route down U.S. 93 & 89, yellow ammo can is my groover just in case it's required where I camp and digging a hole in the red-rock and sand is sometimes not possible.
Stoked to see some epic 'how you carry your bikes' and trailside shots from that trip! Enjoy

Rode some of the trails in Uwharrie for the first time this year. Good day for it. Raining so the easy trails were a bit slick and offering a good challenge. Alot of people out today as a Overland Expo of some type was going on at the neighboring off road park.

Last time at uwharrie I didn't air down or disconnect the sway bar to make it more challenging. I broke one of my front locking hubs so I actually spent half the day in 3 wheel drive(I have a locker in the front). There were some obstacles I couldn't do. Today I aired down disconnected and of course had good 4wd. Walked through everything.

A couple people had a bad day. Came across someone's rig that burned to the ground and was still smoldering(durango I think?). Perhaps I should have a fire extenguisher in my LC?? Those with gasoline engines and lots of MOD's should really consider it.........One guys very built toyota Pickup parked on the trail unattended started to roll away. It ran over the drivers wife and off into the woods and rolled over. .........Maybe I need to tighten my parking brake cable? Make sure I leave it in gear. Don't leave my little boy in the truck when I park it on a hill where he may climb around and knock it out of gear? Keep my little boy who doesn't see potential danger and my wife focused on her phone taking pictures not paying attention to what is around her the heck out of everyone/danger's path................Come dark I see a cut up clapped out cherokee "attacking the trails" like a baja runner. I hear a tree/rock collision through the woods and then the open exhaust roaring and he's off again.................Everyone be careful of your surroundings, the people out wheeling, and keep your less vigilant company and passengers safe.

Installed a burnout simulator yesterday ... 😁
20210424_131314.jpg

Well, I actually tried to remove the old undercoating from the wheel housings..
The stream gun was not successful, but the industrial high pressure washer got most of the stuff off. Rest will go with anglegrinder and brush. Little rust only, but needs to be treated...
20210424_182845.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom