What did you do on your 70 series today? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OH, I just saw your reply there, pheeww!
OK, I will give you a shout tomorrow. I am going to make feast for my wife, It's her b-day today!

Oh absolutely. That said, that's not my ideal option.

Luckily, I sat and thought about the arm situation and then had my "aha" moment.... 3B's were put into Toyota forklifts.... Off I go and pull out the conversion book:

View attachment 2255350

And the rocker arms indeed crossed over:

View attachment 2255351

View attachment 2255352

So, called my Toyota Forklift dealer and the parts guy said these were good numbers. I asked if he could see national inventory and he unfortunately said he didn't have access to that. Bummer. So, I went ahead and ordered 4 of each. No harm in not trying. We'll see in a week or so if the arms are indeed available in Toyota Forklift format.
That's some squared away research there.

Is this bad?

IMG_20200331_203623.jpg
IMG_20200331_221015.jpg
IMG_20200331_210053.jpg

🤦‍♂️

I've moved my engine rebuild information to a new thread in the diesel section of MUD.

I've moved my engine rebuild information to a new thread in the diesel section of MUD.

I was about to say that. You should have a tread so its easier for us (me) to follow your work...

where can that comparison list be found? does it cover gas engines as well? thanks

Oh absolutely. That said, that's not my ideal option.

Luckily, I sat and thought about the arm situation and then had my "aha" moment.... 3B's were put into Toyota forklifts.... Off I go and pull out the conversion book:

View attachment 2255350

And the rocker arms indeed crossed over:

View attachment 2255351

View attachment 2255352

So, called my Toyota Forklift dealer and the parts guy said these were good numbers. I asked if he could see national inventory and he unfortunately said he didn't have access to that. Bummer. So, I went ahead and ordered 4 of each. No harm in not trying. We'll see in a week or so if the arms are indeed available in Toyota Forklift format.

The tedium of being stuck at home and inability to spend money have driven me to straight up tinkering.

I started hating on my P.O.S., two piece, non-locking, janky, Harbor Freight, bottle jack handle.
So I made a new one out of a pipe that I can use without having an arm under the truck, including an end cap to open/close the jack valve.
Then I decided I needed a special mount for it.
And then I decided I needed a machete.
Then I decided I needed a magnetic mount for a machete.
Then I decided the bottle jack handle was, along with the machete, a good attitude adjuster.

IMG_20200329_112606.jpg

IMG_20200329_112718.jpg

IMG_20200329_112901.jpg

IMG_20200329_112958.jpg

IMG_20200331_163449.jpg

The tedium of being stuck at home and inability to spend money have driven me to straight up tinkering.

I started hating on my P.O.S., two piece, non-locking, janky, Harbor Freight, bottle jack handle.
So I made a new one out of a pipe that I can use without having an arm under the truck, including an end cap to open/close the jack valve.
Then I decided I needed a special mount for it.
And then I decided I needed a machete.
Then I decided I needed a magnetic mount for a machete.
Then I decided the bottle jack handle was, along with the machete, a good attitude adjuster.

Nothing really beats the Toyota OEM bottle jack. I have a spare one in my 77.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom