What did you do on your 70 series today? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

+1 JuanJ. Spinal injuies are No Fun!
I have a total of 11, including 3 fused vertibrae.
Lucky where Tuff eh!

Regards
JB

Where I work, we have this "two man lift" rule for all tire/wheel assemblies because they weigh 70+ pounds each being that they range from 16" to 20" in size.

Part of our safety training is to explain and enforce this rule but it is tough to get the younger employees to do it because they are young and invincible (and want to avoid asking for help).

A good reason to get the spring perch/u-bolt reversal kit from @lcwizard ...

Look at all of that space underneath.

7C4E5CB9-C39A-42C5-8D5A-6872D6060089_1_201_a.jpeg

so I thought my power steering was boiling over when I was thrashing the vehicle with a lot of weight, turns out it was overfilling with engine oil and making lots of oily mess,always thought my rear main was leaking, happy to get a replacement seal for the power steering pump for only NZD$23.50
actually a very easy job to do!

new seal on the left, its 1mm thinner so wont run in the grooves on the shaft, double win
20191022_125517.jpg

Where I work, we have this "two man lift" rule for all tire/wheel assemblies because they weigh 70+ pounds each being that they range from 16" to 20" in size.

Part of our safety training is to explain and enforce this rule but it is tough to get the younger employees to do it because they are young and invincible (and want to avoid asking for help).

The last 10 years prior to retiring early.... I would always ask for assistance when lifting something.
One of the younger guys would say... "What you can't lift that" ?
My response would always be.... Can I lift it by myself.... SURE !!!! Should I lift it by myself... NO !!!!
Work SMARTER..... Not HARDER....

He was the same guy who went in for a Hernia operation a couple years ago.

gzahnd I have a post 90's blue/grey steering wheel if you are interested. I have a pre 90's also but will keep that one for now.

I’m interested. I really only need the subassembly (the third part that actually connects the wheel and horn to the steering column), but shoot me a message, and let’s see if we have the right parts. Thanks!

love the stance of it. What lift do you have and do you like the ride quality?

Thanks. I worked with Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters to select the right suspension components for my specific build. It’s the Old Man Emu complete Dakar kit, basically with heavy/heavy to support the bumpers, winch, fuel, and a low profile drawer system. Definitely recommend them when pulling together new suspension. It’s probably 3”, but I haven’t measured.

Last edited:
What seat brackets do you have? I know bride makes a seat mount but I can’t really justify 400+ for a pair.

Mine has the factory suspension seat brackets. The way I feel about seats is the way I feel about mattresses. It’s the foundation for how I feel entire day. On expeditions or even weekend camping trips, how much the rig beats me up determines how I feel about a lot of other things, so I’m willing to drop some coin to get suspension and seats dialed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom