What did you do on your 70 series today? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned up the wiring.

B571B33C-562F-49C6-A513-0ED9F8451878.jpeg

Night and day difference. Next step is figure out the stereo situation and try to muster up the energy to finish my arduino.

Also, my Bilstein shocks came in; thanks @Onur for the information.The installation of those will be postponed since @perrobravo was kind enough to part way with some lightly used OME shocks. It was great meeting you and chatting some!

24A220B8-D79E-49B9-BAB9-0F0608174CA1.jpeg

E7373F28-09AA-48D0-B4E6-C2B69F36EE0B.jpeg

Night and day difference. Next step is figure out the stereo situation and try to muster up the energy to finish my arduino.

Also, my Bilstein shocks came in; thanks @Onur for the information.The installation of those will be postponed since @perrobravo was kind enough to part way with some lightly used OME shocks. It was great meeting you and chatting some!

View attachment 2103603

View attachment 2103604

Which OME shocks did you get? I"m still weighing options on shocks. I never seemed to get the right valving with Bilsteins, OME's worked pretty good bu sometimes too firm.

Get that Arduino working! :)

What dash bulbs are those? They look nice. I saw some LEDs on the site before that looked too bright.

Which OME shocks did you get? I"m still weighing options on shocks. I never seemed to get the right valving with Bilsteins, OME's worked pretty good bu sometimes too firm.

Get that Arduino working! :)

The shocks according to perrobravo pair with a 2-3 inch lift. If the ride is too tough I might get a little longer shackles and see if it’ll help.

Thanks for sharing what bulbs those are. I may change out the ones I have in the PZJ70 soon.

Scoped out the new tire (so I can return the '40s set), 255/85-16 geolandar.
IMG_20191011_200906.jpg

IMG_20191011_201105.jpg

Turned onto by this thread, otherwise would have been torn on what to try, AT or MT options:

Still need to see how much they don't fit, they're like 2" taller and ~1" narrower than the 32x9.5 TSLs on it.

Last edited:
What wheel is that on? I am looking for a 7" rim with something like 3.5" backspacing.
I like your 33" tires.

What wheel is that on? I am looking for a 7" rim with something like 3.5" backspacing.
I like your 33" tires.
Unfortunately don't know the story on them (have been trying to figure out myself as I want a spare, currently have split spare). 16x6, ~4 inch backspacing, look to have originally been silver, only markings:
IMG_20191012_104940.jpg

This thread has some good options, I may ultimately go with the Summit option (toward end of thread):

I was a 4Runner owner for a whole 10 days. I decided the Land Cruiser Ute and Tacoma was all I needed.
image.jpeg

Unfortunately don't know the story on them (have been trying to figure out myself as I want a spare, currently have split spare). 16x6, ~4 inch backspacing, look to have originally been silver, only markings:
View attachment 2105589

This thread has some good options, I may ultimately go with the Summit option (toward end of thread):
That's not a Toyota rim... "Made in China"
Is your truck from the Middle East? These are a common wheel over there... dime-a-dozen Chinese knock-offs of Toyota steelies.

That's not a Toyota rim... "Made in China"
Is your truck from the Middle East? These are a common wheel over there... dime-a-dozen Chinese knock-offs of Toyota steelies.
Yep, that's what I was wondering, thanks for confirming. Truck is out of Kuwait.

Thanks for the numbers I’m gonna give them a shot on my 74! 🍺

I’m going to recommend against the rear shocks from what I posted. The fronts I like a lot.

Rears are too bouncy and stiff. Not happy at all with them on a SWB/light truck. Going to call Bilstein up tomorrow and discuss other options.

These might work much better on a heavier LWB vehicle like a troopie or 4dr wagon or pickup with weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom