What did you do on your 70 series today? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a quick drive into Anza Borrego (Oriflamme Canyon to be precise) just because this truck is so much fun to drive and I had a free day. Grabbed a burrito, a couple beverages, and hit the trail.

Heading into the canyon
quickdrive1.jpg

The trail was a bit rougher than usual, but pretty easy overall. Tried to take the "hard" line and do some flexing here and there, much to the displeasure of my dog who knows that means more delays while I take marginally interesting pictures...
quickdrive2.jpg

This pic reminded I need to straighten the corner of the bumper which got a bit tweaked despite @woody spotting me during the 70's meet up in Utah a few months ago.
quickdrive3.jpg

Also met up with @Mighty690 and his awesome/growing collection of 80 series trucks on the way back. Thanks for having me over, Scot.

A simple day trip, but overall a much better alternative to spending the day in an office!

G'Day Fella's,

Fantic, the 3B is a great engine but it does have it's limitations.
Great looking J73 you have there!

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

FMD!
Coldtaco, that is the same as the coldest temperature, ever recorded here in Oz!
GloBULL Warming I assume..............

D'oh!
Homer

I replaced the O ring on my H55s idler shaft.... I used my spare gear box too practice on .... The retaining bolt can be used too stop the shaft coming too far back and you need too be carefull not too pinch the sucker when you put it in. I held light pressure on the shaft and used a pare of multi grips to wriggle the shaft slowly in ..... The Oring is only 2mm thick and suits a 38mm shaft..I bought 3 from the local seal shop incase i had issues and ended up stranded....( can ya tell the weather sucks and im bored ?? )

Answering the call of the desert and a looking for more seat time in Righty, I loaded up the dog and took another day trip to Anza Borrego.

Airing down at Vallecito Creek
abdaytrip1.jpg

Posing and looking for shade in Canyon sin Nombre
abdaytrip2.jpg

Sidebar: Rubber floor mats bought through @beno got their first taste of dust
abdaytrip3.jpg

Found the end of a trail and a pretty good view toward the Jacumba/In-ko-pah mountains
abdaytrip4.jpg

So much fun, this truck.
abdaytrip5.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

It was time to replace the FZJ73's battery. I installed a deep cycle unit. Then I realized the truck needed a name. I chose Chance, because the Cruiser got its second chance with me.

Then I noticed my garden needed more earth. I took Chance for a drive to one of my trails to dig for some. I wanted to test the new battery as well.

A few glamour shots from the trail, complete with fog.

FZJ73 1a 20180216_0131.jpg

FZJ73 2 20180216_0132.JPG

Believe it or not, there is a lake in the background. I tried to get it in the pictures but the fog was thick.

FZJ73 3 20180216_0133.JPG

FZJ73 4 20180216_0134.JPG

Now my garden has some more dirt. And I am happy with the new battery.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom