What are you working on? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Iirc backlash should be 5-7 thousandths. With that torque monster your lucky you caught this before that 3rd couldn't be saved.

I started on the head gasket today. Is there a way to depressurize the fuel system? Do I even need to do that?

Any of the club members have experience pulling the engine? Onur suggested doing it that way and I'm sure I will have questions along the way.

Any of the club members have experience pulling the engine? Onur suggested doing it that way and I'm sure I will have questions along the way.

That has mission creep written all over it

That has mission creep written all over it

We should start a pool on how more much he'll spend in addition to the HG.

I’ll start with $763.09

Oh ... the money is already pouring out. Just trying to fix this one right and not have to be in there again for a long time.

finished the last bit of liner on the top.
in a day or so i can throw it back on the cruiser.

mar19top4.jpg

mar19top5.jpg

@Pacer toy U joints are said to be as good as it gets. I've had a couple go bad.
I'd say so. Both this one and my trail spare were tight in one plain on both ends, neither had any slop and they each have 200k miles +. I don't think they had been replaced before.
It's a fun job, once clean and apart, they go back together so nice, very satisfying!

Last edited:
Progress .... keep getting hung up on stupid things like waiting on my kid or wife to help guide me to the rearmost plenum bolt so I can remove the upper half and getting the small internal coolant connection pipe to come out of the lower portion near the thermostat.

20190403_122212[1].jpg

Haven't snapped anything off at this point, so WIN. Decided that rather than located and disconnect all the clips on the drivers side that haven't been apart since Clinton was President I will try to unhook the main plug inside and feed it backwards through the plenum. Many fewer connectors that way and I already have the 3 undone near the oil filter, just need to locate the VVT hoses still and I can cut them and replace if needed.

Would it really have been that hard to design the plenum to have the bolts on the top ... sheesh. Hoping to have the head off by the weekend if all goes well. Hoist and trolley for the I-beam in the garage should be here Friday and the other parts are showing up daily. @Crusha ... I'm already double your initial estimate in parts and tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom