What Are These Tools? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cousin gave me a bunch of tools, mainly air stuff. These were among them. Can someone tell me what these are?

image1.jpeg

the one on the left is a spark plug boot puller...helpful to pull wires when the engine is running to see if you have a dead cylinder

It's a battery terminal expander. Far right I think is also a spark plug boot puller.

I couldn't pin that expander down. I knew I had seen that somewhere.

I've seen expanders like that used on battery terminal clamps.

The Marine Corps uses at style of battery terminal spreaders. I have a couple around my garage.

As mentioned, from left to right - spark plug pliers, battery terminal spreader, and spark plug wire puller.

The spark plug boot/wire tools are pretty self explanatory. They pull on the boot rather than pulling the wire - and potentially pulling it out of the boot.

There are times that the battery post is smaller than normal - particularly if the terminal is taken off and put on multiple times it compresses the lead post. Then, when you get a new battery, the terminal won't open up to fit the new post. People will stick a screwdriver in the terminal to pry it open, but the tool is the proper way.

cool. Nice to know.

^^^ Do you have a picture for size comparison? It looks like a tool to pull out seal of some sort from what I can see.
Is the shaft threaded?

Is the cone thread, or just stepped?

Is either piece on the end of the shaft removable?

That new pic makes me thing some kind of valve seat cutting tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom