Went from hard to soft (top that is..) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally done !
Scored some bows of craigslist , got them blasted and painted, got the top off of mud , oem turnbuckles, realsteel tailgate, etc etc .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That is really great looking. I have put my hard top back on right now, even though it's summer. The bikini top provides way too much wind for my passengers at speed. I need one of these soft tops!

Looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Did you think about doing Barn Doors instead of solid back?

I bought some for mine in awesome shape but am having second thoughts of drilling extra holes.

Looks fantastic! Congratulations!

Did you think about doing Barn Doors instead of solid back?

I bought some for mine in awesome shape but am having second thoughts of drilling extra holes.
I thought about it but like you said i didn't wanna drill the extra holes , just rather slap the panel on the existing holes. But honestly when it's all said and done I don't think it makes that much of a difference anymore, you got to turn your tub into Swiss cheese to run the soft top with the drilling you do for the turnbuckles , footman loops, and the bottom anchor hardware peaches for the bows that go in the way back . Lots and lots of drilling in perfectly good tubs going on here ! You only live once I guess

I remember seeing this and thinking it was a pretty nice solution and I believe it reduced the drilling into the tub (although not 100% certain):

Tucker and Roma's 75 FJ40 Restore

Scroll down a few posts.

Looks really nice btw. Jelly!

The bows are from Pakistan they were most likley imported thru @ehsankiani or @SouthBostonFJ40

Nice looking rig!!

Love FST's :)

... The bows are correct for newer doors ... The canvas is for straight doors ... FST doors

That's why it's alil loose in the door corner ... But... Being canvas it will conform nicely over time

It's not super tough but it's lots off little jobs , just gotta take your time and peck away slowly at it .

I mean now that you've got both can you convert back and forth easily? I'd love to have the soft top for summer but need my hard top for winter

I mean now that you've got both can you convert back and forth easily? I'd love to have the soft top for summer but need my hard top for winter
Well me personally I wouldn't want to go through changing it back-and-forth every year it will probably stay this way for a couple of years and then I'll get bored and change back.

The bows are from Pakistan they were most likley imported thru @ehsankiani or @SouthBostonFJ40

Nice looking rig!!

Love FST's :)

... The bows are correct for newer doors ... The canvas is for straight doors ... FST doors

That's why it's alil loose in the door corner ... But... Being canvas it will conform nicely over time
Thanks for pointing that out , also I totally forgot to check when I bought the bows if the b-pillars had the late model bend to them , I was too psyched that I found them locally and got to hang with another cruiser guy for a while I checked them out!! Then I got home and I was like SH_T ! I forgot to check !! Then my stomach started quivering cuz I knew the dude had them on a 60's model and I said SH_T ! Now I'm really screwed !
Then I checked and saw they had a sleight bend and said for once !! It worked in my favor !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom