Soft Top Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought back my old 1968 FJ40, that was originally a hard top. Hard top and the old best top are long gone, currently all I have is a bikini top. I really like the look of the OEM style tops, but not sure what is involved in going that route. For those that have them:

1. I need to buy the top and the bow kit, anything else?
2. Is there a OEM top maker that offers either a soft door or a soft half upper that I can use with aqualu half doors?
3. It looks like I need to add footman loops at a couple of spots around the tub, are there tops that use foot loops in the interior of the tub like a bikini or best top? Wondering if I dont have add a lot of holes around the tub on my rig.

Thanks in advance.

I was going to recommend Dirt Road Tops but her website is blank, however her Facebook page:

Another:

Have a 69 and 73 factory bows and doors I've run on my 68 FHT over the years. Tops are Kayline.
001029.jpg
001011.jpg

When buying bows need to keep in mind factory soft doors and hard doors use different B pillar bow. Most aftermarket B pillar bows are straight to work with soft doors which are much more difficult to find than hard doors. No one is making aftermarket factory style soft doors that I know of. I bought most of what I have well before the 40 series became popular. Since then prices for cruisers and parts have gone crazy. Others would have a better idea which route, soft top or hard top would be cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom