Help ID soft top bows (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curtice

SILVER Star
Threads
I have this set of soft top bows. Looks like they are set up for the soft ambulance doors.

Is there a way to know if these are OEM, Paki, or other? I got them from Teq Tops many years ago. Anyone able to maybe tell where they came from, based on the picture?

Thanks.

IMG_2669.jpeg
IMG_2670.jpeg

Last edited:
They would have Pakistan stamped on them if Paki. The Paki I had was sectioned so the pieces would slide together.

1707903926169.png

Also, mine didn't have these bump outs or whatever you want to call them. Maybe changes were made throughout the time he was producing them? I'm not sure.

IMG_2669.jpeg

Cool I’ll go check for the stamp first off. I don’t remember seeing that ever, but doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

OEM bows were always a complete bow. Never in pieces with a sleeve to assemble. All my bows are OEM with the exception of a piece that used for ambulance doors I bought a few years ago. Besides being sectioned not sure all aftermarket bows have the detail on the back side of the B pillar bow that is formed to match the top of the tub. The B pillar was never two pieces where the flat section was adjustable on the tube. The biggest down side to OEM bows used in the US is the B pillar is made for soft doors not hard top doors. The corrugated hard top doors may fit. Those didn't angle in like later doors.

OK, so just to follow up. Looks like they are OEM bows (although I think from overseas, as the dome light cutout is on the passenger side). I found the thread that I bought these from. I completely forgot all this until I started digging. I even posted my soft top after installation on that thread. My memory sucks.

(note I don't think Abe sells these any longer and hasn't for years).

These were off a RHD if the light is on the right side. Interior light was on the driver's side. This back bow was never used in North America.

Is the B pillar straight or angled for hard doors?

At one time I was hoping Abe was going to make tops for the FJ25 and early FJ40. But in the end the tops were made overseas. Getting a tub and bows up to Colorado would have been possible. Overseas killed the plan.

B Pillar fits hard doors, here is a picture:

IMG_1417.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom