Water crossing electrical help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We’ve been tackling the Kentucky Adventure Tour for the past week in my ‘04 LX470, and today we finally finished! The last obstacle of the trip was a small water crossing through a river back to the main road, and I had a little hiccup… Half way through the water crossing I hit a rock and had to reverse before proceeding forward. When doing this, some water entered the cab through the passenger side doors and shortly after I lost power to my rear climate control and three window switches.

Here’s the kicker: each window (including the drivers window) works independently from its own door switch, but not from the drivers side switch panel. The car runs great, the passenger side fuse panel did not get wet, but the harness under the passenger door jam trim piece did. No fuses are blown, so needless to say I’m freaking out a bit and letting it spoil the last night of the trip. Any tips on correcting this? Does anyone have any experience with something similar?

Update: So when we got to camp I disconnected the battery and pulled up the carpet running alongside the passenger front and rear door jams to let it dry over night, and this morning the window switch briefly worked after I reconnected the battery, but soon went out again. Still no rear Climate control. Is this a “take everything out and let it all dry” thing, or is it more sinister?

Let it dry out. Good chance it will be fine.

Tips:
Removing carpet and threshold molding, is very good idea. All 5 doors including sunroof open so air circulates. Face wet side into the sun shine. Helps it all dry

Me, open one door, open one of the rear electric windows, prop a house box fan just over the rear window opening and have at it for a day or 2. test w. one of those sheet rock moisture gizmos (or a garden moisture probe).

Now, I have never done that, but criculating air is what the pros use (at least in my flooded house :doh: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom