***WANTED*** 4.7 2UZFE/FZJ80 swap info ONLY. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could even get a 1fz with ifs in some markets.

I have a complete and well received running 1999 100 series and a 1992 80 series. Should I marry the two together? SAS for the 100? Or a complete motor, tranny, Ecu and wiring for the 80?
Seems like it’ll cost the same to do either. 🤔🤔

I would swap the known good components into the strongest truck that you have, if the 80 is clapped out and has had a goos life than sas the 100. if the 100 is beat doa motor sway into the 80. or just be a champ and get one more 80 and one more 100 so you can have a sas 100 and a Toyota v8 80

In a few more years someone could import a 105 series. I wonder if it would be easier to swap a 2uz into a 105 series than swapping a 2uz into an 80 series. I think the 105 series would be sweet but it appears they only offered it with the 1fz and 1hz.

I would swap the known good components into the strongest truck that you have, if the 80 is clapped out and has had a goos life than sas the 100. if the 100 is beat doa motor sway into the 80. or just be a champ and get one more 80 and one more 100 so you can have a sas 100 and a Toyota v8 80

Both rigs are tight and strong and clean which is the dilemma. I like the idea of an SAS I’ve seen some YouTube vids of a guy starting one. So far he’s got the axles off and starting in on the 100.

I’ve also seen Slee’s documented SAS. I can do most of the disassembly my self however, I don’t have the resources to do the custom frame/metal work for the axle and shock mounts.

It seems as if it’s “easier” to do the SAS and foregoing ecus etc.
I’m gonna continue to research. Thanks for all of your input/ideas. 😁😁

I'm in the process of a 2UZ swap in my 91 80 and I want long tube headers from JBA for this build. Has anyone used long tubes and do they clear the frame rails? I'm still building the engine in the garage and want to put it all together and see how it fits in the bay before building the motor mounts and such.

I think mine might have been the last one Christo did.. I've done several JKU swaps for people in the past and for me, there is just not enough money in them if you do them correctly and to a level of attention to detail I demand. Not many people out there willing to pay the cash..

Slee was one company that didn't cut corners and matched my detail requirements. I'm glad they did mine...

Best,

John
Hi John, Do you have long or short tube headers on your 2uz swap? Thanks, Mike

I want to be a part of this. Over the last few days I have removed my 4.5 and fitted the 2uzfe. And then fitted back my 4.5.

I have a complete 100 series Land Cruiser drive train including wiring. I thinned down the wiring to bear minimum. I originally did all the wiring to be fitted into a 40 series cruiser so my motor is completely stand alone running and driving. My 2uzfe is none vvti and runs the transponder chip in the key for security. To do this conversion (for my limited wiring knowledge) you need the speedo cluster. For some reason Toyota never color coded or marked any of the wires leading to the cluster and security transponder. They are all light green. I have been unable to get the correct wiring diagram for my motor. But I have it running and all gauges working. I am now going to spend time modifying my 80 series cluster to accommodate the 100 series gauges. I could never drive a car looking at gauges that don’t work or have big gaps and look all mismatch. My plan now is to get the cluster looking factory and then put the motor back. I have made motor mounts and will do the gearbox cross member modification when I do the installation. Exhaust manifolds look to be a challenge and it appears that the power steering pump is very close to the steering box. (Mine is RH drive). The rest is all doable.
315164BA-9829-4179-BB58-80516503A599.jpeg

This is how much the wiring was thinned out.
01AA8B83-1209-46FC-93EB-6E69FD95F916.jpeg

The light green wiring behind the cluster.

I have not actually put this swap together but have been dreaming of completing a 2uz swap in either an 80 series or fj45. Based off practical thought and the build that @Jetranger did I have put together a package that I hope one day will find it's way into a project.

• Bought a complete non-vvti 2uz out of a 2000 100 series.
  • Bought an a750f transmission from a 2003 100 series
  • Brought a 80 transfer case
  • Bought an entire wrecked 2003 4runner 2x4 (non-vvti 2uz, a750f trans). Pulled the entire harness, ecu, shifter, column, ignition, chip immobilizer, fuel tank, and anything related that might help swap the drive train. (Sold what I didn't need to make some money back.
I am sure there will be some electrical hurdles but knowing I have the complete electrical system and harness from one vehicle I believe they can be over come.

This is how i will some day do it. I personally think the key to pulling the swap off for an amature is having a complete donor vehicle to get all the electrical from in one piece. The donor vehicle ecu just needs to be specific to the engine and trans combo you plan to swap.

Again all I have done is bolt my drivetrain together and not finished a running 2uz swap, so accept this what little it is worth.

Did the land cruiser A750F bolt up to the 80s HF2A?
I've got a line on this setup and currently I'm trying to sort out the tcase and spoofing the immobilizer. Any ideas?

Did the land cruiser A750F bolt up to the 80s HF2A?
I've got a line on this setup and currently I'm trying to sort out the tcase and spoofing the immobilizer. Any ideas?

Yes the A750f from a 100 series land cruiser bolts up to the 80 series transfer case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom