Vacumm Hose Recomendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've heard folks recommend the Nippon Denso vacuum hose over others, while slamming the Toyota OEM hose - any experiences out there?

I'm going to be replacing *all* the vacuum hose under the hood of my 82 FJ40, and thought it might be interesting to see if anyone has recommendations/cautions for something so mundane.

Kirk

I bought the 3mm silicone vacuum tubing for re-plumbing the FJ55 from SOR. Nice stuff. It should never need replacment as the silicone has a better heat tolerance the the standard Buna-N.

FWIW

Ming

I was thinking about replacing all my vacuum hose with silicone hose also. But I can't find a decent company online that sells the various sizes, not to mention I'm not sure what all the sizes are exactly...

I got my silicone tube from McMaster Carr. Nice fit, decent price. It took either 35 (or 39?) feet of it to do an 84FJ60.

Do you remember which kind you got from MMC?

Here is what I found (They have all kinds of ID tubing catalog pg 98):

Silicone Rubber Tubing
• Temp. Range: -94° to +392° F
• Color: See below
• Durometer, Shore A: Firm: 70;
Soft and NSF-51 Soft: 50 • Tensile Strength: Firm: 1350 psi;
Soft and NSF-51 Soft: 1100 psi
• Elongation: 375%
• Sterilization: Steam (autoclave)
• Material Meets: FDA (food and beverage),
Firm: ASTM D2000 M7GE 707; Soft and
NSF-51 Soft: ASTM D2000 M3GE507
• Fittings: Barbed (see pages 111-118 )
Able to handle more extreme temperatures than natural rubber, this synthetic rubber tubing maintains its flexibility and resiliency over time, making it a good choice for peristaltic pumps. It won't impart odors and tastes. Peroxide used in the forming (curing) process. Use for food and beverage, water, and chemical transfer lines. Soft- The softest silicone we offer. NSF-51 Soft- Lengths are individually bagged to meet NSF-51 (food) rating for material. Color is semi-clear (translucent) white. To Order: Please specify length from the available lengths listed. For Firm and Soft tubing please specify color: opaque black or red, or semi-clear (translucent) blue or white.

They have all kinds of ID tubing.

This is 3mm Akimoto silicone.
The thick wall prevents kinking, even to 180*.
Comes in several colors to ...uhh, suit your fashion sense.

Whatever you get,
I'd stay away from the braided 3mm volkswagen hose you might hear about.

You'll need needle nose pliers for the four valve cover side vacuum hoses at the base of the carb. They're the most heat affected and sandwiched down between the air rail heat shield and carb.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom