Update for azTony (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... Maybe start a new specific "Tools custom fab works" thread on the subject?

What is wrong with "Update for azTony", I thought it was catchy?:hillbilly:

It may come down to finding the right size container and building the shelf or shelves to accomodate the right dimensions of said box. I guess basically the dimensional size of those water containers with the top 25% cut off and made of a stonger/thicker meaterial: Metal, stong plastic, or? Large ammo box would be cool but ...?

Anyone have any container ideas of what would work?

I'm done with inflexible, rattly, metal/plastic boxes and moving to tool bags. Have been using some and prefer the flexibility and relative quiet that they offer.

The challenge for this application is finding the right bag. If just carrying 2" recovery strap(s) it is an easy deal, will fit in an 18" bag, common. I also carry 3" strap, when rolled needs a ~22"+ bag, more difficult to find. This one has potential: Ingersoll-Rand IQv Cordless Tools - Tool Bag TB3 - Ohio Power Tool

Most are attempting to make them tool boxes, hard sides, hard zipper area, this is nice for use, stays open when working out of them, etc. Ideally for wheeling I would prefer a hard bottom and soft top, allowing the restraining straps to compress the top into the contents, holding the contents in place.

The other issue is width. There is ~7" of shelf area, before hanging over the wheel well. Most bags are ~12". Not a deal breaker, but would prefer ~8".

My thought is: A long bag on the top shelf for recovery gear, straps, gloves, shackles, etc. Ether another long bag on the bottom for everything or a ~14" for tools and ~10" for spares, tape, hoses, clamps, tire plug kit, etc.

In the rare event that I need to carry can(s) would put it (them) on the floor and strap to the shelf.:hillbilly:

These look great. I need something like this for my Puma in my 60. Nice work!

IIRC, the '60 doesn't have any threaded mounts on the fender well, or many if any on the cargo area floor? Also the fender well is more forward than the '80, so likely needs something different than the '80? Will have a look, see what we can come up with?

Hellz yeah....I can make threaded holes if need be. :) :cheers:

The gas tank is under the cargo floor? If push comes to shove, I have a couple of nut-sert kits?

Isn't that why they make the foam?:grinpimp:

I wrap everything is cheap fleece from Walmart - no rattles from the tools, at least :doh:

I have never found a use for foam or fleece on the trail, so wrap my stuff in shop rags. Not wasting space on something that isn't useful.:hillbilly:

Made some Puma mounts, in V2.0. One of them is spoken for, (Cook contact me for where to deposit the gold) the other two are available.:hillbilly:
puma_mount_3.jpg
puma_mount_4.jpg
puma_mount_5.jpg

Can they be paid for and delivered this Friday night without shipping cost?

All three of these new mounts were test fit in my rig today to insure that they fit well. This is definitely the most practical way to carry a Puma. John

So, they're used then? What's the discount? :hillbilly:

I think we should do a group buy on these for a discount

I thought you wanted a tire carrier combo? Don't jeopardize it by being cheap!:hillbilly:

I thought you wanted a tire carrier combo? Don't jeopardize it by being cheap!:hillbilly:
I was just kidding on the group buy. I want the tire combo platter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom