Update for azTony (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tools, you should market those - neat idea that can be removed if necc.

Tony, Does your wife know about all these endless modification "goings-ons?".
I can hear it now: "Honey, Ill be at the coffee shop with the guys discussing this weeks current events"...:hillbilly:
Youve definetly have been bitten by the mod bug - sneaky little critters :cheers:

I mentioned the anticipated never ending outstreaming of $$$ to her on the trail :hillbilly:

I mentioned the anticipated never ending outstreaming of $$$ to her on the trail :hillbilly:

You are correct and I have blamed you!! :D

Great job guys. If I hadn't over spent with Hanna and already have the swing out tire carrier I would do just that. :cheers:

... Do you plan on selling these?

Tools, you should market those - neat idea that can be removed if necc. ...

They are a ton of work, much more than anticipated, could build a couple of bumpers easier?:hillbilly: So don't know if they would be cost effective? Using the stock mount holes is a good idea, but none are straight, they are on 4 different plains, so very "fiddly" to make. May have to use these as templates, draw up brackets that could be cut/bent, making it easier, more cost effective?

There are also bending complications. The bend marks are dependent on the ambient temperatures, the relative humidity, wind speed and the alignment with the sun and moon to the earth. :hillbilly:

Making jigs for the 4 main brackets is probably doable and the support arms to from the brackets to the cage as well.

Having both wheels wells cut from a parts truck as a template would also speed things up.

There is a lot of welding in a lot of different places as compared to the long welding on a bumper. I think Kevin would rather weld a bumper than these.

There are also bending complications. The bend marks are dependent on the ambient temperatures, the relative humidity, wind speed and the alignment with the sun and moon to the earth. :hillbilly:

Making jigs for the 4 main brackets is probably doable and the support arms to from the brackets to the cage as well.

Having both wheels wells cut from a parts truck as a template would also speed things up.

There is a lot of welding in a lot of different places as compared to the long welding on a bumper. I think Kevin would rather weld a bumper than these.

Fabrication would go a lot faster with up to the date safety equipment...Welding gloves without holes would be a good start:hillbilly:

But even with all the handicaps (bad gloves, bad welding tips, bad eyes, bad backs, bad mandrels, and AZTony) the design is good and they look great:clap: Nice work!

I can always count on you for a vote of confidence Phil :flipoff2:

I am sure it would have went quicker if Kevin had a better helper. ;)

Wired the Puma. Used an 80amp fuse, holder and wire from a mini to connect to the battery, then the 6g to the back. The rocker conduit is full, was a fight in places to get it all crammed in!
Puma_1.jpg
Puma_2.jpg

Color doesn't match for poo.

At least he got the chance to paint it. I am behind the game. What was the name of that stuff you used to prep before the paint? I need to get some quick and get some black paint on mine. I have to do the "family" thing on easter today so that puts me behind another day.

The paint color on the cap of the paint looked totally different than the final color.

Wired the Puma. Used an 80amp fuse, holder and wire from a mini to connect to the battery, then the 6g to the back. The rocker conduit is full, was a fight in places to get it all crammed in!

Right next to the conduit is a 4 lane freeway:confused:

Right next to the conduit is a 4 lane freeway:confused:

I just took it apart enough to pop the conduit, it fit, just took some arranging. It was also pretty tight coming out under the trim. I think it is in the same spot as yours, but it pushes the trim panel up, may have to trim it?

I just took it apart enough to pop the conduit, it fit, just took some arranging. It was also pretty tight coming out under the trim. I think it is in the same spot as yours, but it pushes the trim panel up, may have to trim it?

All the post I had seen the wire was installed next of the conduit. The rigidity of the conduit provides the needed protection for me. I was also tight exiting out of the panel, heavy duty shrink wrap was added.

All the post I had seen the wire was installed next of the conduit. The rigidity of the conduit provides the needed protection for me. I was also tight exiting out of the panel, heavy duty shrink wrap was added.

The first attempt at installing the panel netted a broken lower clip. With a new clip it went in, does have some pretty good stress on it, will see if it holds.

Just shave some of the insulation off.

The BFH methods works... some times :D

The BFH is best used around plastics and wiring. :D I always ran my wires next to the factory conduit but loomed and taped em, but if you have room (not much from what you posted) its cleaner to run them in the factory harness. Tire carrier looks great in there. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom