Update for azTony (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:cool:

very cool

:cool:

Finally got her in. Putting up with the heat in the garage slowed progress.

Puma1.jpg

Puma2.jpg

The racks Kevin and I got together makes for a nice home for the Puma.
Puma1.jpg
Puma2.jpg

That is such a bad ass setup. The tire mount location is perfect the puma setup inside the cab away from engine heat and near the back is also perfect. I'm jealous because this seems like the best trade off from mounting the spare on the bumper or on a roof rack. Tire is also inside away from theft for people who DD their 80 like me. It also removes the tire from getting hung up on obstacles and blocking more of the rear view. Very nice setup, let me know when they go into production

There are no plans for production... it looks like it would be a loss of money. :rolleyes:

I want that setup also..Wouldn't you take a loss for your fellow landcruiser buddy's? Take one for the team!!What model Puma is that?

The bad news is the blueprints were destroyed in the fire.... :rolleyes: :cool:

Alledgedly burned up in the fire..Anyways it is a good setup I think some of us would like to have...

Inkpot and I learned that the 11 gauge tube bends nicer than the thinner stuff. Made a mount for his Puma.:hillbilly:
puma_mount_1.jpg
puma_mount_2.jpg

NICE! Looks great guys! John keeping you busy Kevin? :hillbilly:

NICE! Looks great guys! John keeping you busy Kevin? :hillbilly:
Hey, it's a dirty:crybaby: job, but somebody's got to do it. :cool: Obviously, this is the abbreviated version of the original with the integrated spare mount. I usually have way too much junk in the truck to make room for silly things like spare tires.:hmm: This was one of only two occasions I can remember that the back end was completely empty. :grinpimp: Kinda looks nekid without Wrenches and Spare, and Flares, Oh MY!!!.............

... Obviously, this is the abbreviated version of the original with the integrated spare mount. ...

Made some changes to the design, making it somewhat easier to build. This has me thinking about the spare design. One of the big "problems" with it is; it was designed to hold one size tire. The updated concept would hold a wider range of tires and be less labor to make.:hmm:

Made some changes to the design, making it somewhat easier to build. This has me thinking about the spare design. One of the big "problems" with it is; it was designed to hold one size tire. The updated concept would hold a wider range of tires and be less labor to make.:hmm:
Let me know when ya want to try that new design. I mean, hey, I'm an experienced bender, now....:bounce2::bounce:

Let me know when ya want to try that new design. I mean, hey, I'm an experienced bender, now....:bounce2::bounce:

Will check on a strap to do the job. Then might as well make one or more, don't think there will be a problem finding a home for them?

He should be posting ANY minute now... you know who you are :hillbilly:

You drive a white 80.... I figured that would narrow it down :rolleyes:

You would have been amazed when Kevin and I did ours for the first time how many bends were not exactly what we were shooting for but was able to use it for something else. In the end we had little waste of metal... but Kevin obtained a lot of welding experience during that time frame :grinpimp:

You would have been amazed when Kevin and I did ours for the first time how many bends were not exactly what we were shooting for but was able to use it for something else. In the end we had little waste of metal... but Kevin obtained a lot of welding experience during that time frame :grinpimp:

You were able to bend with one arm:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom