Advice for shop/individual in Tucson for work on my 80 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently moved back out to Tucson here, and i am having my 80 shipped out here. Long story short, my rig ended up needing a motor due to it developing a knock. A rebuild was out of the question due to cost, so i purchased a used motor. Got it installed over the winter. Fired it up to confirm no funny noises. Finished up the project, and finally let it run and get up to temp in the spring. Well, it ended up getting hot and had the symptoms of a HG failure.
With that said, I'm looking for a good mechanic in the Tucson area who can give me an estimate on troubleshooting and either fixing the head gasket, or putting in another motor with a confirmed rebuilt or good head. I also have some transmission work it needs as well, but i beleive it's nothing that would require it needing a full rebuild- however I have a spare if it comes down to it.
I was referred to someone in Mesa, if there is no one in Tucson that can work on it.
Thanks!
20240225_163439.jpg

Not in Tucson, but I can recommend Scott Higgins if you can take it up there. If needed, I have a car hauler and can help transport to whatever shop you decide to use.

Not in Tucson, but I can recommend Scott Higgins if you can take it up there. If needed, I have a car hauler and can help transport to whatever shop you decide to use.
I'll shoot him a messge. If i decide to use him, i'll let you know. I'd tow it with my Duramax, but i don't own a trailer so i appreciate the offer :)

Or Richard Llilard in Mesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom