80 Series Emissions Update- Guidance Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks for the guidance from my previous post. I'm hoping the generosity of the group can help again ! I completed my emissions check yesterday, and failed. The ECU popped four codes (with no CEL, maybe the bulb is burned out??), and I think I have a path moving forward One of which, is why I'm back with another post for guidance!

P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control- This seems straightforward enough and I'm planning on just replacing the ECT sensor on the driver's side of the engine.

P0135/0141 O2 Sensor Heater Circuits (Upstream and downstream)- Same deal here, I'm planning on replacing both of the O2 sensors

P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient Detected- This one has me a bit confounded. I popped the hood, and was immediately visually reminded that the PO did an EGR delete on this truck. I've done quite a bit of searching and have found all sorts of the details on completing an EGR delete.... but nothing on restoring the EGR system. I'd like to know if there are other options available? I did not immediately see the tube that runs to the back of the engine (nor have I found the "proper" name of that tube, and its termination point below the EGR itself). The EGR port at the rear of the intake manifold is covered by a block-off plate, so that shouldn't be an issue at all.

What is an ideal way to resolve this so I can get my LC registered in AZ?

Thanks,
Randy

What is an ideal way to resolve this so I can get my LC registered in AZ?

Thanks,
Randy
Ideally you would move out of the big city so you don’t need testing :rofl:

Last edited:
Come on down to the L C Spa and I think we can fix you right up. Contact Richard at 480.399.2310. We can probably fix that 401 pretty quick.
Tried calling, and sent a text. Thanks!

I got the O2 sensor heater codes on a RAV4 when the alternator connector wasn't plugged in correctly after some work and the battery voltage eventually dropped. That was the only symptom of the alternator not being plugged in. No Christmas tree of lights on the dash like you see if a plugged-in alternator fails. You might want to check that your battery has about 12.6 volts with the engine off, and 13+ with the engine running.

Tried calling, and sent a text. Thanks!
Shop is moreless closed today as an admin day for TRAL. Gotta do the paperwork once in a while. I will be back at work tomorrow. I will remind him to respond.

Shop is moreless closed today as an admin day for TRAL. Gotta do the paperwork once in a while. I will be back at work tomorrow. I will remind him to respond.
Thank you, we exchanged a couple of texts. But this helped solve my mystery, as I know understand that he may not know you and I connected here in the forum. Confused us both a bit really, but we hope to connect tomorrow. Thanks again!

Randy

I got the O2 sensor heater codes on a RAV4 when the alternator connector wasn't plugged in correctly after some work and the battery voltage eventually dropped. That was the only symptom of the alternator not being plugged in. No Christmas tree of lights on the dash like you see if a plugged-in alternator fails. You might want to check that your battery has about 12.6 volts with the engine off, and 13+ with the engine running.
Will do to troubleshoot the O2 sensors, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom