UC chat (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am one of those fools....... the 40 is the purist embodyment of what a landcruiser is and should be; Rugged, Utilitarian, Capable, and ultimately Reliable.

I think one of the great virtues or the 40 is it's simplicity especially the earlier models.... to me the down fall of the US based Land Cruiser was it became ever more complicated and cushy to appeal to the fast paced cup holder obessed US market.

I love my 40 because it doesn't have A/C, PS, heated seats, gps.... it feels raw and mechanical and it embodys a sense of adventure; it is a mans 4X4:cheers:

You guys can keep your cushy 60's, 80's, and 100's... you bunch of :princess: :flipoff2:

Ohh you should be the one to talk there Mr 3fe out of FJ62. Why is there a Warn electric winch on there and not that factory PTO I sold you? Where are the front drum brakes you replaced for disks? Where are those famous ball and claw axles? Not on your cruiser I might add. :flipoff2:

Heck if there one guy in our club who has kept it real. That's Chuck. Heck he doesn't even drive it for what 6 years and then decides to drive it to the beach with basically nothing holding it together all the while driving though some of the poorest parts of SC with KKK stamped on the front of his cruiser. He is the true purist.

Nice choice. The standard snorkel is pretty gay. I think for a factory new Toyota that has to be the winner right there.

Jeremy
lc70-media-gallery-wagon-workmate-749x422.jpg

Nice choice. The standard snorkel is pretty gay. I think for a factory new Toyota that has to be the winner right there.

Jeremy

That or a VDJ200

looks like a nice cruiser but from the windshield back it looks alot like an older Isuzu Trooper.

I like my land cruisers big and boxy....maybe with a little bit of rust here and there so you don't mind getting a scratch or two on her.

Ohh you should be the one to talk there Mr 3fe out of FJ62. Why is there a Warn electric winch on there and not that factory PTO I sold you? Where are the front drum brakes you replaced for disks? Where are those famous ball and claw axles? Not on your cruiser I might add. :flipoff2:

Heck if there one guy in our club who has kept it real. That's Chuck. Heck he doesn't even drive it for what 6 years and then decides to drive it to the beach with basically nothing holding it together all the while driving though some of the poorest parts of SC with KKK stamped on the front of his cruiser. He is the true purist.

Oh I forgot to mention that I am one of those "do as I say not as I do" believers as well :grinpimp:

I rocked it old school and for many years my friend.... I wheeled the ball and claws harder than anyone else would dare:hillbilly:

Also I may have updraded the from the 1F to the 3FE but it is still all toyota more than you can say :flipoff2:

and on last note don't lecture me on being a purist I still have two bone stock 1962 FJ40's in my stable ...... chucks running headers, disc axles, 4spd, etc.

I am the purist KING..... "men want to be me and women want to be with me":flipoff2:

Just had too, it was too easy. Only had to modify like 2 words. Hanging out with Brock will do that to ya. Trying to bring a little LC class to the chat room.

I'm not, I had to do something when a boozer on a moped sped away from me at a stop light.:hillbilly:

Jeremy

V8

So where does having a V8 from a Wagoneer place me in all this? I stay quiet because all these years I thought I was a bas!@#$ to the group. Does that make my 40 a Toyeep or a Jeeota?

So where does having a V8 from a Wagoneer place me in all this? I stay quiet because all these years I thought I was a bas!@#$ to the group. Does that make my 40 a Toyeep or a Jeeota?

HA! My wife has already trademarked the name Cruiseneer (TM 2009).

But we are putting SBC in her now. The Cruiser additions are all very small in comparison.

Too cool. It took me until about the 1:00 mark to get confirmation that is was an R/C. I mean the bouncing gave it away, but other than that it is REAL looking. Somebody has a lot of time on there hands.

Jeremy

That's gayer than Big Gay. I think Marshall needs one too since he is running a Chevy TB.

If you could bring in any truck, stock or modified from around the world to own, what would it be.

Right off the top my head I think my first look would go to an HZJ105 from Africa. My step-dad drives them over there for work and he says they are sweet. Kicks the crap out of all the Jeeps, Hummers, and Suburbans the military has given him over the years to drive. He said it doesn't quite beat the M1 Abrams he pilots, but it's close.:grinpimp:

Unimog 405, they are impractical huge, but they will climb a brick wall, literally. I just like them! Otherwise it'd be a 105 series LC with the 1HZ... Or, gasp!! A nissan patrol for cool factor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom