UC chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mogs are cool, but painfully slow. I wheeled with two of them a couple years ago on FS roads and we were always waiting on them. One guy had a monster winch that was mounted above the rear axle up under the bed. It went through a block & tackle system 4 or 5 times under the truck before spooling out the front bumper. It was immense.
Amicalola (124).jpg
Amicalola (102).jpg
Amicalola (104).jpg

Yeah, they are like 24k winches or something like that, ya know if you have to pull a house or something... Steve, you'd lose that tired old 2f and sprung over with 35's... You'd never have a fighting chance, what you should do is a pull contest... That would be a fun one...

Yeah, they are like 24k winches or something like that, ya know if you have to pull a house or something... Steve, you'd lose that tired old 2f and sprung over with 35's... You'd never have a fighting chance, what you should do is a pull contest... That would be a fun one...

LOL - you are not pulling me into this thread....

Gotta have some place to go since the football thread is losing steam.:D

Jeremy

The USC win took the last of the wind out of the sails. Not that Moo U was headed anywhere before the palmetto bowl. :doh:

Anyone been to a Road warriors game yet?

Wow, you managed to suck the life out of this thread too with that crazy football talk.:rolleyes: J/K

Back to some real chat.

While we are talking about purists, my rig has a Chevy motor, Heep rear seat, Heep rear flares, and soon to have a Hummer H2 swing away tire carrier.:grinpimp:

Still kept what matters most, axles, tranny, transfer, frame and body.:bounce:

Jeremy
DSC07476.jpg

That's not the actual one. The shackles are not chrome on mine, and they will get swapped anyway for some rated shackles.:flipoff2:

These are the actual ones.

Don't be jealous that I'll have $100 in a rear carrier capable of holding a 38"+ tire.

Jeremy
New Image.jpg

I am hoping it turns out to just be 4 bolts, with a piece of steel in the back for bracing. It is pretty much like the 4+ bumpers, only I am not sure if it is offset any out the back for clearance. Figured the back of my 40 was a lot flatter than the back of a Hummer, so even if I have to add a spacer it should work. Seems pretty HD too. We'll see.

Jeremy

That's not the actual one. The shackles are not chrome on mine, and they will get swapped anyway for some rated shackles.:flipoff2:

These are the actual ones.

Don't be jealous that I'll have $100 in a rear carrier capable of holding a 38"+ tire.

Jeremy

All kidding aside I'd like to see it when you finish up....... should be cool :cheers:

Wow! Not even 5 pages into this thread and you all are whining and moaning like a bunch of old women. :flipoff2:

I'm gonna do a Leyland V-8 swap in my 40, what would that make it? I feel better about that than the chebby one... would I have a range cruiser? :hmm:

Wow! Not even 5 pages into this thread and you all are whining and moaning like a bunch of old women. :flipoff2:

Thanks for doing the same.

I'm gonna do a Leyland V-8 swap in my 40, what would that make it? I feel better about that than the chebby one... would I have a range cruiser? :hmm:

The parts warehouses would feel better about you putting that engine as well. Good luck with that, hope you got a thick wallet.

I put a rebuilt SBC V8, painted, with all new acc. all new serpentine setup, new edelbrock intake, used carb, use Mallory racing fuel pump, new everything else and a brand new Mark 4x4 of Aust. adapter for a wash. I sold parts off my 2F and then sold/swapped the block into my brothers 60. I have $0 in my V8 swap. Couldn't be happier.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom