UC chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, there are those who believe the 40 in the US was the "end" of the Land Cruiser here. The 60's and 80's were station wagons. Every time a new one comes out it is designated "mommy wagon". Now the 100's are getting pretty tricked out for wheeling, just ask Steen. I like my 80, it is luxurious and will go just about anywhere, so :flipoff2:

Real cruisers have manual trans. and a solid axle. Autos, power windows, cd players, and AC are for wimps. And the FJCruiser is an abomination.

Did I offend everyone yet? My best Daniel Tosh impersonation.:)

Jeremy

I love having a cabin air filter in the 100. you Solid Axle bastids back off. My wife will kick you in the junk for talkin junk about her 100.

Oh, and don't forget heated seats and lcd dvd for the youngins.

I got solid axle on the 62 though...

Hey, there are those who believe the 40 in the US was the "end" of the Land Cruiser here. The 60's and 80's were station wagons. Every time a new one comes out it is designated "mommy wagon". Now the 100's are getting pretty tricked out for wheeling, just ask Steen. I like my 80, it is luxurious and will go just about anywhere, so :flipoff2:

My hundy is pretty built and can't be beat for a combo wheeling/camping rig, but there are some that are truly amazing. There's a really nice SAS conversion that just did the AK Cruiser Trek. The thread on that build is very cool and the article in TT was inspiring. The $$$$$$$$ are pretty scary though.

Oh... heated seats rock!

Real cruisers have manual trans. and a solid axle. Autos, power windows, cd players, and AC are for wimps. And the FJCruiser is an abomination.

Did I offend everyone yet? My best Daniel Tosh impersonation.:)

Jeremy

Real cruiser have Toyota engines in them. lol

I used to be one of those guys. About 5 min wheeling with one changed my mind very quickly.

If we all say it loud enough maybe he'll actually bolt on those Boggers and prove me wrong.:D I think he might be about 100 Hp and 100 ft. lbs light, but I have been wrong before.

Jeremy

Last edited:
16" rims would rock...but so would 10" wide 15"s so i could run 12.5"s

Maybe uncle sam will be good to me at tax time.

And anyone who has seen my 60 on a camping trip as seen the maximum amount of cargo you can put on the roof. The two females, toddler and 3 dogs all force me to pack way more than really need to. I'd say side wall stability and road manners is a must for me. My rig is a DD as well as my weekend rig.

However after this last camping trip i was assured that the wife and daughter will never again be attending a cruiser wheeling/camping event. They enjoyed the mountain scenery but disliked the bouncing around on the trials. In the future i will not have nearly as much to pack.

Real cruiser have Toyota engines in them. lol

I thought those were called Chevotas and they have their own special grille badge on fleabay?
chevota.jpg

That's gayer than Big Gay. I think Marshall needs one too since he is running a Chevy TB.

If you could bring in any truck, stock or modified from around the world to own, what would it be.

Right off the top my head I think my first look would go to an HZJ105 from Africa. My step-dad drives them over there for work and he says they are sweet. Kicks the crap out of all the Jeeps, Hummers, and Suburbans the military has given him over the years to drive. He said it doesn't quite beat the M1 Abrams he pilots, but it's close.:grinpimp:

just finished watching the quiet man on tcm. Love that movie. The world would be a better place if we could settle all arguments that way.

Yeah, your right. Toyota Diesels.:p

But if you want to run big boy tires, 40"+, anyt gaser with 6 Cyl. ain't going to cut it. Whether it's Yota or not.

Jeremy

Your about to be proven wrong.

DSC02279.jpg

That's gayer than Big Gay. I think Marshall needs one too since he is running a Chevy TB.

If you could bring in any truck, stock or modified from around the world to own, what would it be.

Right off the top my head I think my first look would go to an HZJ105 from Africa. My step-dad drives them over there for work and he says they are sweet. Kicks the **** out of all the Jeeps, Hummers, and Suburbans the military has given him over the years to drive. He said it doesn't quite beat the M1 Abrams he pilots, but it's close.:grinpimp:

any that is paid off and i will not want to modify...haven't found one yet but i'm still looking

Ok, proven wrong. 39" red labels with a TBI-2F fully gettin' it. My Kubota only has like 80 lbs. of torque and it can spin the 39" tires on a 2.5 ton machine too. It just doesn't do it gracefully or very fast.

Now get'em on and go break some axles like Sputnik. And you need a Chevota emblem too.;)

Bunch of Toyota snobs.:rolleyes: Hating on the Chevy.:meh:

Jeremy

Hey, there are those who believe the 40 in the US was the "end" of the Land Cruiser here.

I am one of those fools....... the 40 is the purist embodyment of what a landcruiser is and should be; Rugged, Utilitarian, Capable, and ultimately Reliable.

I think one of the great virtues or the 40 is it's simplicity especially the earlier models.... to me the down fall of the US based Land Cruiser was it became ever more complicated and cushy to appeal to the fast paced cup holder obessed US market.

I love my 40 because it doesn't have A/C, PS, heated seats, gps.... it feels raw and mechanical and it embodys a sense of adventure; it is a mans 4X4:cheers:

You guys can keep your cushy 60's, 80's, and 100's... you bunch of :princess: :flipoff2:

Right off the top my head I think my first look would go to an HZJ105 from Africa. My step-dad drives them over there for work and he says they are sweet. Kicks the crap out of all the Jeeps, Hummers, and Suburbans the military has given him over the years to drive. He said it doesn't quite beat the M1 Abrams he pilots, but it's close.:grinpimp:

Pfffft.

VDJ 76 V8 TD

What do I win?

Ok, proven wrong. 39" red labels with a TBI-2F fully gettin' it. My Kubota only has like 80 lbs. of torque and it can spin the 39" tires on a 2.5 ton machine too. It just doesn't do it gracefully or very fast.

Now get'em on and go break some axles like Sputnik. And you need a Chevota emblem too.;)

Bunch of Toyota snobs.:rolleyes: Hating on the Chevy.:meh:

Jeremy

Captain Jim has a v-8 in his 40. I actually like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom