Turbo fj40 n2f (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

got the car running last night properly and i drove it to work today. amazing how much a turbo can do to a shorty. still needs more work for fine tuning.

extractors = headers, made sense eventually but I spent a while wondering what extractors were.

Just reading this made me think about drawthrough / blowthrough and the 2F vac operated second barrel, is blowthrough an option?

blowthrough can be done but will only work with lpg gas or with tbi. I don't have the money to do that so we did drawthrough.

bit more of the setup. some things were done quickly like the intake. so there will be more mod's. fj is running well now. but still pinging in high revs. still needs more work.
P6140002.jpg

how's that brake booster working for ya?

octane im running is 95 because 98 is to expensive to run. but I know what the problem is now. I spoke to a place that rebuilds distributors. and they reckon denso distibutors dont last that long so the weights on them ware out and causes it to advance at mid high end revs. so in the next week or 2 they will be setting up an electronic dizzy and coil for me to run with the boost. There really good to deal with. So time will tell i guess. And the brake booster works fine.

yeah, cause dean'll turbo it...

the troopy's sat there for 8 months unfinished, and all he has to do is time it.

didn't melt any piston's, number 3 and 4 conrod bearings seized up and the mains started to pick up as well. I've got another second hand motor in it now but im having problem's with fuel pumps. i broke the original one and the second one doesn't seem to be right. I've been told there are 2 types one with a long lever and one with a short lever. But i would love to keep working on it but i need the car as it's my daily driver and i cant afford to keep spending money on it. But the car will come of the road then ill look back into. But i will do it different. The turbo is a week old it cost me $380Aus and the manifold cost me around $150 in steem pipe. the oil line hose was $30. $500ono aus for the lot.

The fuel pump with the long lever needs a hard plastic type spacer i had this prob on my old 3f put a brand new pump in and didnt get the spacer with it in the box put on the new pump and it crushed the lever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom