Turbo fj40 n2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

would you have any pictures of under the bonnet. of the pipes and turbo. also im running a t3/t4 turbo but with an internal wastegate. and what carbie are you running.

can a tbi on a 2f with stock injectors even handle a turbo when its under boost if its a drawthrough setup MACE? Wouldn't the computer have to be reprogrammed? Dam that would be hard to reprogram.

would not be hard to reprogram at all..

As long as they are sufficiently sized it is easy..

BTW, a drawthrough system does not need enrichment under boost.

would not be hard to reprogram at all..

As long as they are sufficiently sized it is easy..

BTW, a drawthrough system does not need enrichment under boost.

well if a drawthrough system does not need enrichment under boost, then i guess the tbi computer wouldn't have to be reprogrammed would it? Right or wrong?

I have finally recieved my turbo. Now i still need to get a few more parts. Hopefully in the next couple of days we can start looking at how we will put it on. Ill make sure to put some photos up

well if a drawthrough system does not need enrichment under boost, then i guess the tbi computer wouldn't have to be reprogrammed would it? Right or wrong?

It'll have to be programmed for the correct amount of fuel for the motor tho..

Same reason a 6 cyl TBI needs to be programed for a LC six..

Still in the progress of building the manifold. will have pictures up soon. It will be a draw through system. Holley 350 into the turbo TO4E then custom steem pipe manifold. Hopefully soon we will have it finished.

turbo

Looking forward to seeing it, I guess I'll hold on to my old exh man in case I get the itch :)

I agree totally with what all of you are saying. Everyone in Australia have always just dropped v8's into there shorty's because it's cheap to do and a easier way to get power. Thats why i thought to turbo it. At first i was going to use a small sc-14 supercharger, but because mine has power steering i couldn't put it where it needed to be. and i didn't want to loose the power steering. So then the turbo idea came up. And because i cant find to many people that have done it. I thought i'd give it a go. BUt i never thought about tbi. Still im gonna give this a go, the turbo should arrive next week as i bought it 2 days ago. and i've spoking to my mate who is helping me so hopefully by next weekend we should have something started. so any more ideas will definatly be a great help.

That SC-14 is going to way too small. You need to use something the size of an Eaton M-90.

got some photo's of the progress. hope you all enjoy
P300509_18.35.jpg
P300509_18.36.jpg

What was wrong with using the stock exhaust manifold?

we did wont to use the orginal manifolds, but my fj had extractors, and no one had any. And this way worked alright because we can set it up where we want it.

had the turbof j40 running last night at 1:30 am. to my and my mate's surprised it started with ease. with a bit of idle tunning we were out on the road. this was the most fun i have had in that car. response was excellent, power was great. and it sounded like a truck spooling up and winding down. temperature was great. we could not believe it. we did have some detination near full throttle but was no problem. we would sort it out in the morning. Come morning time the car started, drove it in to the shed to fix a few little brackets and stuff. loosened of the dizzy. and it all turned to s***. we can not even get the car to run. everything has turned upside down. and when we do get it to run we have massive heat in the exhaust and turbo within minutes. car ran great one night bad the next.

yeah you can get them from magnum performance 35 Marni St Dandenong South, Victoria, Australia, 3164, they just get them from pacemakers in adelaide. they cost me 80 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom