Troa soft top install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to install the side window quarter turn fasteners. Has anyone used these? How did you install? How are they holding up? Im planning on cutting out inner hole and bending tabs over.

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

Be nice if they were stainless steel. I would get some sort of marking "paint" (a easy to see on your canvas - white out would work). Put a small dot on the ends each of your four tabs - Push the fitting on the canvas to transfer the pattern. Take/make a small flat blade punch to make the slot ( file a 10 penny nail). Put your fitting on, put a small drop of super glue at each tab to lock the fabric. Place the back piece on and bend the tabs. Put a thin line of glue around the inside where you are going to cut out the hole.

Looks like 4 per side. I would come in a few inches from each end and then split the difference for the other two. Looks like a #8 or #10 1/2" long counter sunk stainless steel screw would work. Drill and tap and put some SS nuts on the back with loctite.

Evidently Sailtite sells a tool. I'm not sure it'll work for your parts though. The have some videos on installation.

They also show how to do it with a knife.

My windshield channel did not come with a rod that goes through it to help secure the front of the soft top. Is it needed? Anyone currently running without it?

IMG_1668.jpeg

Thats a bummer. I recently installed a Troa soft top. The metal twist lock holders were already in place.
And the plastic piece for the window channel was attached to the soft top.

Troa is the same.
Thanks!

I had inadvertently deleted my previous post. My kayline tops had beads sewn in the frt edge of it and evidently your does too. The bead should retain the top in the windshield channel.

I just posted this to another thread but I purchased the very expensive hand tool that puts the exact holes in the top. I don't know if it will line up with the TROA supplied hardware but it will work with ones that you can get at Sail Rite or at local auto/boat upholstery supply. I'm willing to loan this thing out with a deposit or some other structure. I should've bought it last year. The price increased again recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom