Towing capacity of this mount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Does anyone know what the towing capacity might be for this style hitch and mount to the rear crossbar?

IMG_4265.jpeg

I'd sure look at what it's bolted to, under the tupperware and whether it's rusty or sound. 'Bolted to the bumper' type hitches are usually a 2000# rating, but it could be higher.

It's not rated in the US but for other countries, I believe it is 3500 kg (braked) and 750 kg (unbraked). I'd imagine the US has different standards. I would not tow close to that amount of weight.

Good god that was a lazy install 🙄

It’s strong but it’s nowhere near as strong as a proper weight distribution hitch.

IMG_4052.jpeg

It will be removed soon. Bought it with it but don't trust it to tow anything. Thanks for input 👍

I replaced the port/dealer installed Draw-Tie/UHaul hitch with that model on my 80; mine's a Kurt, so I can't vouch for yours specifically. I tow 6000-lbs with max tongue weight and have never had a problem, either with the load or hitch/frame. The 100 frame is stouter back there. I wouldn't worry about it, if it's a quality hitch and the bolts are Gr. 8/12.9; actually, I'd worry more about the bolts than the hitch/frame.

My understanding is the factory pintle is rated for 3500 kg. I fastened a 10k lb pintle with the Toyota bolts to my 99. I have about 8k miles pulling the trailer across the country without a problem.

PXL_20230520_202320185.jpg

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom