TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

People who never make it to the speed limit. Unbelievable. I would like to create a sticker to leave on these cars, "Autonomous Car Candidate". Mostly hybrid cars or super expensive sports cars with older folks driving. Just looking for the speed limit. Nothing else.
I daily my 44. Some of us just can't get there even if we want to.

I believe it is how you are taught to drive. I know many friends who drive in the left lane at the posted speed limit and they catch a tude when I bring it up. It is hard to ride anywhere with them.
I think that there is a reason that those who believe we need a nanny state to protect us from ourselves are know as "leftists". Must be a lane thing.

That right there will get your man card punched for another year! :)
Or it'll get me asthma, or lung cancer, or carpal tunnel, or piles, or.....

I daily my 44. Some of us just can't get there even if we want to.

Man what a Difference one numeral makes :p

IMG_1007.JPG

It was 540 of course and yeah....I was in the right lane. Getting passed.

Last edited:
thats the TBI (the balls invert) working for ya :)
you need some 4 barrel whomp whomp in there
lol it's got the balls.... I don't! Maybe with some short fattys - the tall skinnies aren't confidence inspiring.

dont you have a set in the shed? oh wait this isnt chat .... or wait it kinda is... LOL

i just know onlookers are laughing at us and calling now.......

IMG_0433.JPG

That is pretty quick in a leaf sprung truck for sure. You are a brave man Jason :)

I believe it is how you are taught to drive. I know many friends who drive in the left lane at the posted speed limit and they catch a tude when I bring it up. It is hard to ride anywhere with them.
I disagree. My father was the primary driver when I was growing up. He serviced cash registers and POS (Point of Sale) machines. He had one of earliest versions of a pager/smartphone and it was the size of a brick, literally. He would get service requests and messages through the brick and had to respond while he was driving due to Service Level Agreements. When he was driving and typing on the brick, it scared the hell out of me.

Now that I am an adult, I am hyper focused on the road and my surroundings when I drive. When I pass vehicles on multi-lane highways I watch their tires to make sure they don't cross the line. Sure I drive fast but unlike most I rarely answer my phone and won't respond to text messaging. I am hoping to instill some of these traits into my kids and not through fear.

So this is where we come to rant? Cus I really am missing The Innuendo Thread.

I am the same. No phone calls and no text.

My dad was a traveling salesman and put 50k a year on his car and taught us to never drive in the left lane.

I drive quickly and pay attention

With enough dedication, you can lick it

Nothing like spending time after work texting and time on the phone during work trying to resolve a carb issue only to come to the realization the person didn't have one of my carbs. I could have gone Hong Kong Fooey on him had he been in front of me. But it's cool now. He just didn't know better.

Best is the dozens of calls, PMs, and texts I get from people complaining about the free FSM's I give out each year. Last year was over 100 terabytes. I love the ones that say hey I cant find this download can you email it to me. Or the ones that say because of me they can't finish the job they started. I'm a believer you don't burn bridges so I just say I'm sorry I couldn't help and move on. Lifes too short to not spread the cruiser love. Hate will eat you up.

Rant:

Racist Home Depot Clerk Dismisses Diminutive Dominican

It was an early Saturday morning and Home Depot's spray paint aisle was the venue. I was pondering my choices of cheap flat black and I noticed this very small hispanic woman trying to flag down a Home Depot worker. "Scuse me ma'am" she said. "I'm busy with someone, gimmie a minute" was her reply. It wasn't what she said, it was how she said it. The look and the tone were that of a racist "she took our jobs" kind of attitude. I felt bad for her, so I intervened. She was looking for a spray paint to match a picture of a brass lamp that she was planning to repair. Spending the next 5 minutes talking to her about the particular metallic sheen of the lamp versus the paint choices that she had, we came upon a decision. The Home Depot worker never returned and I went about my business knowing that I had helped her find what she needed in spite of the treatment she had received.

Short time later, I'm at the checkout counter and I'm in front of her. We continue our conversation - I really wanted to point out how rude I felt the HD worker was, but she didn't seem to mind so I didn't mention it. Perhaps it was that she was used to being ignored or talked down to, or perhaps it was my quickness in helping when she was blown off by the worker. Either way she evidently hadn't given it any thought. But it was a big deal to me. I paid for her $6 can of spray paint. Maybe it was white guilt or maybe I just felt like being nice, but it happened without a second thought.

That simple gesture was very appreciated. Turns out this woman cleans houses for a living and on her day off she was buying a can of brass colored spray paint to restore a lamp to give to an 85 year old woman as a reading lamp for a gift. Apparently, she was having trouble seeing the words on the page. She went on to tell me all about herself and the woman she worked for and how this was a blessing. She felt like this was somehow a message from God or something.

Anyway, she went on and on for like 10 minutes. I couldn't get away. Jesus, I'm never making that mistake again. What a hassle! Lesson learned!

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom