TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Returns Rant:

Online retailers that are not Amazon.com need to step up their game. I had 3 items from a recent 15+ item order that I saved some money on by not buying through Amazon. Those items needed to be returned. So I ask what that process entails:

1. Fill out the returns authorization sheet (BY HAND)
  2. Fax or mail the request (or presumably scan and e-mail)
  3. Return is approved or denied within 5-7 business days
  4. You pay up front for return cost
  5. If they determine it was due to their fault, they'll refund up to a certain amount.
  6. Credit will appear on your credit card statement in 3-4 weeks.
Amazon's process:

1. Tell us you want to return it and why
  2. Put it on your front porch and UPS will get it
  3. I've NEVER paid for return freight
  4. Refund within minutes of the UPS guy picking it up

Really pisses me off when companies complain about Amazon killing them, and they are completely ignorant to why.... Now that said, I said to hell with returning the items, it's not worth the hassle. Perhaps that's why they do it - they figure if it's not easy you won't bother.

You know what I also won't bother with again - shopping at their site.

Morons.
I don't remember how many times I bought multiple items from Amazon only to pick one and return the rest. Sometimes I buy stuff just to try it and then returne it. It makes me nervous going through other websites now. For instance, I just purchased a lens hood for my camera off ebay. It was the correct model and it had flocking on the inside. When I get it, no flocking. If this was Amazon, no problem but since it was ebay I now have to argue with the seller that he didn't send what was posted.

RANT: Right in the middle of a super important lesson I get pulled from class and told to go pee in a cup. :bang:

I cancelled our Amazon Prime because: their video streaming choices suck; their audio streaming options are mediocre; their free shipping on Prime-eligible items usually involved them sitting on the order for several days, long delays in shipping, me b!tching, them apologizing, and me finally getting my order slower than if I had just opted for non-Prime free shipping.

I cancelled our Amazon Prime because: their video streaming choices suck; their audio streaming options are mediocre; their free shipping on Prime-eligible items usually involved them sitting on the order for several days, long delays in shipping, me b!tching, them apologizing, and me finally getting my order slower than if I had just opted for non-Prime free shipping.

I can understand. I don't know if you know this - but if they don't fulfill their '2 day guarantee delivery' - you just send them an email and ask them to extend amazon prime for another month. It may not be worth it for you, but just in case :).

I was fine when Prime was only 2 day shipping....saved me money anyway. Streaming video and music was just icing on the cake. The audio streaming used to be very limited.....now they have all kinds of stuff. Enough that we canceled our Spotify. Tons of awesome Amazon shows too.

I can't find any shops to take my $$$$$. I have 3 shops getting quotes for me on shocks, brakes, rotors, calipers, coolant stuff, etc etc and I guess they don't think I am serious. One sent a quote on about a 1/4 of what I asked for work wise. One never called back. The other did email and I know they are busy so waiting on them. WTF? Patience is not mine.

are you serious? holy s*** - times have changed. no joke.

In a true twist of irony, teachers don't get drug tested and can be teaching our kids any crazy notion their head comes up with, but anyone with a CDL better unzip and let it flow.

Last edited:
I can't find any shops to take my $$$$$. I have 3 shops getting quotes for me on shocks, brakes, rotors, calipers, coolant stuff, etc etc and I guess they don't think I am serious. One sent a quote on about a 1/4 of what I asked for work wise. One never called back. The other did email and I know they are busy so waiting on them. WTF? Patience is not mine.

Dude, do all that stuff yourself. get some others there and do a hamom.
Brakes, rotors and calipers are within your grasp, and pocket the money you would spend in labor.

Same with the coolant flush

Dude, do all that stuff yourself. get some others there and do a hamom.
Brakes, rotors and calipers are within your grasp, and pocket the money you would spend in labor.

Same with the coolant flush

I had considered it, I just don't want to mess up the important stuff like brakes. I might just go buy all the parts and figure it out.

Also, just received a message from the DM of Zip's Car Wash. He said they will not cover any damage to my LC. So, take that into consideration when deciding to use a drive thru car wash.

I can understand. I don't know if you know this - but if they don't fulfill their '2 day guarantee delivery' - you just send them an email and ask them to extend amazon prime for another month. It may not be worth it for you, but just in case :).

Yeah they kept extending it, but they never fulfilled the Prime shipping - every order was late. Not worth the annual membership.

I had considered it, I just don't want to mess up the important stuff like brakes. I might just go buy all the parts and figure it out.

Do yourself a favor and find troll holes hell of a deal fsm thread, and grab a copy for your truck. read thru it, and see how it's not overly difficult if you just follow the steps.

If you plan on doing a birf job yourself, you'll be doing all the brake related steps when cracking open the birfs....removing calipers, brackets, and rotors are part of it.

It really is the best way to learn how these things work

Yeah they kept extending it, but they never fulfilled the Prime shipping - every order was late. Not worth the annual membership.
We have been on Prime for three years. Shipping went from 1 to 2 days to 2 to 4 days. In the beginning, I received an order within 10 hours. Now I expect three day shipping from them but certainly wouldn't give it up . Plus I have a better chance of getting something within three days through Prime than 5 to 7 days or worse from the Chinese 1 to 3 months.

BTW, Grand Tour was on Prime and the kids LOVE it.

Your concern regarding the important stuff is warranted and is exactly the reason you don't want the job being done by someone who only cares how much longer it is til quitting time. I would argue that if I knew nothing of cars but wanted to learn, brakes would be first thing on the list.

That is a extra large can or worms Stan. I do agree with you though, a 5 year old does not have the mental capacity to know what sex they are much less know what the want to change into. For less than 1% of the population, this has become a huge sticking point.
Reminds me of when my oldest kid was 3, we were having some general cognitive assessment done on him for some reason and they asked him if he was a boy or girl, to which he responded, "I'm a hot rod monkey man," because that was one of the things we always called him. They awarded him no points and noted it as an issue, as if he couldn't distinguish the difference. Luckily he didn't continue to identify as a hot rod monkey man, because those are way down the list of people to have their own dedicated restrooms.

We have been on Prime for three years. Shipping went from 1 to 2 days to 2 to 4 days. In the beginning, I received an order within 10 hours. Now I expect three day shipping from them but certainly wouldn't give it up . Plus I have a better chance of getting something within three days through Prime than 5 to 7 days or worse from the Chinese 1 to 3 months.

BTW, Grand Tour was on Prime and the kids LOVE it.
I ordered a bracket from Tepui and paid $10 s&h. Took over a week to get it. I've bought everything from macaroni and cheese to a Yakima skybox in prime; can't live without it. They did eff up one of my kids birthdays by shipping his stuff from Greenville to Kentucky during the great Blizzard of 2017 in January, but everyone was losing their minds, so hard to only blame them.

Do yourself a favor and find troll holes hell of a deal fsm thread, and grab a copy for your truck. read thru it, and see how it's not overly difficult if you just follow the steps.

If you plan on doing a birf job yourself, you'll be doing all the brake related steps when cracking open the birfs....removing calipers, brackets, and rotors are part of it.

It really is the best way to learn how these things work
Oh, and any step that says "use SST," just skip that step and do the next one, it'll probably still work.

Your concern regarding the important stuff is warranted and is exactly the reason you don't want the job being done by someone who only cares how much longer it is til quitting time. I would argue that if I knew nothing of cars but wanted to learn, brakes would be first thing on the list.
Once you do a set of disc brakes, you'll never pay someone again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom