TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't worry, mine will be the one still in the plastic.

Buying a nice new shiny synthetic rope and replace solenoids in controller box just to find out motor is gone on the winch itself

Just found a great thread for bitching, and here I am at a steak house with a mug of chowdah, a Hendricks Gin, and nothing to rant about!

that right there was funny

Almost have my oldest daughters braces paid off. 5K but insurance paid 2k of it. Guess what? Oldest son now needs braces in the next couple of weeks. That is why my cruiser never gets worked on! At the pace we are going we estimate to have 30k in our kids teeth when it is said and done.

Apparently this thread was much needed.....lots of pentup inner turmoil.....hope everyone feels better this evening!

A little background information about me is required with this story. I used to work for an auto detail place when I was in college. I detail all of our vehicles and am usually very meticulous about keeping them clean.

The LC is my vehicle and my wife drives a Honda Civic Si as her daily driver. The car is an '09, we bought it in 2013. About a year after buying the car the clear coat starts to cloud and flake off. The affected areas of the car were the hood, trunk, roof, and fenders. Fortunately there was a Honda recall for paint issues and the '09 Civics fell within that recall range. We had the paint taken care of by a shop here in town - Foster's: Auto Body & Collision (I don't recommend them). Fast forward to the middle of last year, the paint starts to fall off again. This time the paint has started to peel from the upper part of the door skins - on all four doors. I take the car back to the Honda. Honda takes paint depth readings to make sure it's their paint. After confirming it is Honda paint, the car goes back over to Foster's for an estimation, which they also send to Honda. Then I get a call from Honda telling me they will no longer honor all of the warranty since the car has gone too far past the recall agreement. They come back with wanting to split the cost of the repaint 50/50. Which means I'll be out of pocket a good chuck of change. At least it's not 1980s Chevrolet paint.

TL;DR - Honda automotive paint sucks.

Last six months or so I have been averaging 104 hours per check every two weeks. Due to recent election and blah blah blah I now am only working 84hrs per check every two weeks. Major financial impact! Should come back in a month or two but man bad timing!

People say I'm impatient behind the wheel.

I HATE SLOW DRIVERS THAT GET IN MY WAY!!!

I hate Microsoft Windows.

I hate poorly built components that I have to reengineer.

I hate when I start working on my ToDo list, it only gets longer.

I hate shopping for the best price on a component knowing I will have to either A) buy from Toyota like I should have or B) wait on the slow boat for the Chinese equivalent that I have to reengineer.

BTW, in this thread of hate, I do love my wife. I purchased a circular polarizer, 12V panel, batteries for toys, lens hood, wrist strap, interior clips, memory wire, and a roll of sound deadening and I haven't been stabbed (yet).

I'm in the California bay area for work for a week and it's supposed to rain the whole time. Worse still, I didn't realized that it rained in cali (at all) so I didn't bring more than a Polo.

Dumb dumb dumb

Also, this very easily reads as a "first world problems" thread, lol. Love it. Keep it coming everyone.

I'm in the California bay area for work for a week and it's supposed to rain the whole time. Worse still, I didn't realized that it rained in cali (at all) so I didn't bring more than a Polo.

Dumb dumb dumb
Did they send you to Cali for UCS training?

I drank the last of my bourbon tonight :(

Vehicle inspections, and just safety/emissions requirements in general.....are complete lunacy

I take 100% awesome care of my vehicles, and not once ever have I failed a vehicle inspection,
So i go to get my 1985 4 runner inspected, and there is a 1/8" tear of my windshield wiper on the edge, in no way affects wiper performance. The crack heads (literally) failed me. Had to buy a wiper blade from those crooks. All so the State can get 85 cents out of me.

People who never make it to the speed limit. Unbelievable. I would like to create a sticker to leave on these cars, "Autonomous Car Candidate". Mostly hybrid cars or super expensive sports cars with older folks driving. Just looking for the speed limit. Nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom