Tires that will fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did u get LT or P? I have the LT and have got used to the change.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

Good choice, I'm at 20,000 miles on mine and plan to do it again.

I'm running P's and couldn't be happier.

I have had 3 flats though, but every one was a nail right between tread blocks. I'm not sure an LT would have stopped it.

Did u get LT or P? I have the LT and have got used to the change.

...via IH8MUD app
'13 LC & '14 4R Trail

P Metric - I'll be driving 90% on road with little load

Hey guys!
I'm looking to attempt something rather "outside" the box...
My Sahara is raised 50mm by OMEmu... And trying to make a sik set of 20inch (10 inch wide) rims under my ride... Both MT AT and BFG AT come in a 305/55/20...
Anyone with any thoughts or experiences on the matter...

Thankyou

Well, instead of starting a new thread, I guess I'll ask the question here:

What is the largest tire size I can get away with with a 2" lift with stock wheels and offsets?

It looks like I could get away with 285/70/R18 with the stock lift, but will I be able to go bigger with an added 2 inches or so?

Would going with a smaller width (like 65) allow me to get something taller (like 295 or 300)?

ETA: I don't mind cutting some fender liner or mud-flaps if I have to.

one of the big problems you run into with a wider tire on the factory wheels is the clearance on the UCA(would you be replacing those, I believe some of the after market ones allow for more clearance) I have the 275-70 R18's with no lift and the clearance between the UCA with the wheels turned is about a credit card width.. FYI all tires manufacturers are a bit different so sizes will vary...

I rolled Goodyear 285-75 R18's on my Tundra with the OME lift, I know it's a different rig, but just given you an idea of what might fit???
email5248.jpg

Whoa thats slick.

Has anyone on here tried out and or have remarks (good or bad) pertaining to Cooper ST MAXX tires? wear / noise / any known issues
I'm looking at 295/70R17 (33.23x12") I haven't found (in searching) anyone speaking about the Coopers.
Thank you

Ran them on a 100 series truck and they were a pretty good compromise between street manners and dirt traction, biased a bit more towards dirt. Put about 10K on them and like them. I did not look at them for my 200 since this truck needed tires biased more towards paved road performance.

one of the big problems you run into with a wider tire on the factory wheels is the clearance on the UCA(would you be replacing those, I believe some of the after market ones allow for more clearance) I have the 275-70 R18's with no lift and the clearance between the UCA with the wheels turned is about a credit card width.. FYI all tires manufacturers are a bit different so sizes will vary...

I wonder how many people are running wheel spacers with wider tires. I ran 285/70/17's on my 4runner with Spidertrax spacers and my tires never rubbed the UCA. I'd eventually like to get a 2" lift as well with 285/70/18's too, so I'm wondering if spacers would do the trick on a LC.

I wonder how many people are running wheel spacers with wider tires. I ran 285/70/17's on my 4runner with Spidertrax spacers and my tires never rubbed the UCA. I'd eventually like to get a 2" lift as well with 285/70/18's too, so I'm wondering if spacers would do the trick on a LC.
I ran spacers for years on my 100 series, gave it a better looking stance and allowed for more clearance at the UCA's... But that was years ago, and the more research I have done on spacers the more I wonder if I want to run them on my 200 series?!?! They would accomplish exactly what I want, more clearance at the upper UCA and on the lower control arm, BUT lots of people say they are unsafe and cause heavy wear and tear on the bearings etc... I'm no expert on wheel spacers, just read some posts and articles that have cause me to pause on using them and try to find a better/safer alternative, i.e. after market UCA which would allow for more clearance or after market wheels... just my 2 cents

I ran spacers of my 40. Obviously, the wider the spacer, the more strain on the bearings, but I would think that some relatively thin spacers couldn't be that bad. Just my $0.02.

I ran these from Slee on my 100 series with no probs, but it seems as though the feelings toward wheel spacers in my area has gotten a bit more "harsh" in the past couple decades, i.e. some of the tire shops will not touch your rig if you have wheel spacers on your truck:meh: So beings that I'm older and more worried about function/safety it gave me some pause!!! All that being said the 1.25 spacers pictured below would allow me to run a slightly wider tire and give me the clearance I need at the UCA... ATTACH=full]945396[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• spacers.jpg
    spacers.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 320
I rolled Goodyear 285-75 R18's on my Tundra with the OME lift, I know it's a different rig, but just given you an idea of what might fit???View attachment 943805
I ran these on my Tundra with almost no rubbing wiht a 2 inch lift, anyone running 285-75 R18's with a 2 inch OME lift on a 200 series??? I would love to try and make it work, even if I had to cut a bit:D

I ran these from Slee on my 100 series with no probs, but it seems as though the feelings toward wheel spacers in my area has gotten a bit more "harsh" in the past couple decades, i.e. some of the tire shops will not touch your rig if you have wheel spacers on your truck:meh: So beings that I'm older and more worried about function/safety it gave me some pause!!! All that being said the 1.25 spacers pictured below would allow me to run a slightly wider tire and give me the clearance I need at the UCA... ATTACH=full]945396[/ATTACH]
I'm running 35mm h&r spacers with no issues at all. Suppliers confirmed that h&r release specific spacers for each vehicle and won't sell them unless they're sure they are safe and won't cause any damages to your vehicle. Marketing bs or truth i have no idea but they told me they would cover any damages if they were caused by the spacers.

Well, that answers that. I wonder what kinda wheel possibilities open up with a 1.5" offset?

Hey guys I'm new here...just want a bit of a confirmation i have double cab 2.5l hilux 2014...and i bought 17" rims x 9 and have 265/70 MT tires and they're touching slight...gonna install 3" procomp lift...will dat solve the problem or do i still have to remove my mud guards in the front... (i prefer not to)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom