Tire Rack for Pancho (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm about 30 hours into this project, and I have about 8 to go. All the parts except the motor mount bushings are custom fabrications by me. It's just tacked into place right now, but I should finish it up next weekend. The tire is going to mount underneath so that when I pull the top pins, it will flip over and be at ground level for removal. I plan to put a toolbox underneath to hold spare parts, etc. I also plan to add a Hi-Lift rack to the tire rack, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
IMG_1709-2.jpg

Panchito's rack is pretty slick. You putting any gas springs to assist in lifting it?

Nope, no assist needed. I'm going to mount the tire interface as low as possible to provide a little gravity-leverage. I'll probably weld a couple nice handles on the side of the rack, too.

Made a little more progress over the weekend. Now I just have to back the LC out of the garage, finish welding everything, wire brush it all, and paint it. Probably 4-5 hours left.
IMG_1712-2.jpg

Gotta get a spare tire and wheel, too. Shouldn't take long. I'll probably just order new ones to save time, unless someone has a spare TSL S/X 38.5x14.5x15 lying around.

Pretty sweet looking can't wait to see the finished product.

Still trying to find a used one, but no luck so far. I'll break down and buy a new one eventually, just dreading the cost.

Finished!

I finally found a spare and got it mounted up today. Enjoy the pics. It's time to get this thing on the trail!

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

Do you have any pics of it flopped down?

EDIT: Forgot to say.... Killer idea and looks good!

I forgot to take some pics of it flopped down, but it was higly functional and putting the tire on only took a couple minutes. Removing it should take 5 minutes or less. It supported the 100lb tire no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom