Tire Rack for Pancho

I'm about 30 hours into this project, and I have about 8 to go. All the parts except the motor mount bushings are custom fabrications by me. It's just tacked into place right now, but I should finish it up next weekend. The tire is going to mount underneath so that when I pull the top pins, it will flip over and be at ground level for removal. I plan to put a toolbox underneath to hold spare parts, etc. I also plan to add a Hi-Lift rack to the tire rack, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
IMG_1709-2.jpg

Nope, no assist needed. I'm going to mount the tire interface as low as possible to provide a little gravity-leverage. I'll probably weld a couple nice handles on the side of the rack, too.

Made a little more progress over the weekend. Now I just have to back the LC out of the garage, finish welding everything, wire brush it all, and paint it. Probably 4-5 hours left.
IMG_1712-2.jpg

Gotta get a spare tire and wheel, too. Shouldn't take long. I'll probably just order new ones to save time, unless someone has a spare TSL S/X 38.5x14.5x15 lying around.

Still trying to find a used one, but no luck so far. I'll break down and buy a new one eventually, just dreading the cost.

Finished!

I finally found a spare and got it mounted up today. Enjoy the pics. It's time to get this thing on the trail!

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

I forgot to take some pics of it flopped down, but it was higly functional and putting the tire on only took a couple minutes. Removing it should take 5 minutes or less. It supported the 100lb tire no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom