Build - Time for LS swap... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a little update... interior gutted and been working on adding sound deadening and closed cell foam layer on top of that. Area behind second row seats done and working forward. Doors next.

Question... good time to remove heater under passenger seat?

5D75FC1A-19C5-4B39-B101-FB58BCB25C7E.jpeg
9568CEFA-EA4E-47BA-BEF8-9C68B6BB8485.jpeg
5CF1AA37-6BCC-4AA4-9987-20F0CAFC473C.jpeg

Interior all buttoned you and cleaned... it was pretty nasty as PO spilled soda or coffee. It’s all clean now. Entire floor and rear quarters has a layer of kilamat and noico sound deadening with a closed cell foam layer on top. Doors getting the same treatment but after the engine swap. So far it’s made a difference.

Accessories back on so motor can be fitted between the frame rails. It’s going to happen soon.. real soon.

701BD444-9BE4-4399-AEA6-6F0A2E814ADF.jpg
AAB23EEA-6261-4E8C-B3F9-33CF0A46FE48.jpeg
F597BAE9-896C-4D59-9D8F-8FAC3173AE4C.jpeg

Just a suggestion.

The Marks kit puts the engine pretty far forward. If you modify the trans crossmember you can move it back a lot.

Cheers

Nearly 6 years into driving my 6.0 'NEVER' missed a beat it just keeps on trucking, you'll love it !

Nearly 6 years into driving my 6.0 'NEVER' missed a beat it just keeps on trucking, you'll love it !
Ditto that, best gamble I ever played !

im over a year into driving my much more spirited 6 liter :p other than I drive mine really really really hard and put it away wet hahahahahaha

however welcome to the LS cruiser life, you wont turn back

That’s what I like to hear 👌🏾🤙🏾

I bought a 2500HD new in 2001, ran it hard for work until 2016 and put 285,000 on it. 6L with 4L80.

Only standard repairs, starter, alt, one coil pack, belts, ect. Left me stranded once, fuel pump went out. Otherwise super solid.

Cheers

I bought a 2500HD new in 2001, ran it hard for work until 2016 and put 285,000 on it. 6L with 4L80.

Only standard repairs, starter, alt, one coil pack, belts, ect. Left me stranded once, fuel pump went out. Otherwise super solid.

Cheers

I’ve got a Supra pump I’ll be putting into the tank so hopefully I won’t have to worry about that. 👍🏾

I’ve got a Supra pump I’ll be putting into the tank so hopefully I won’t have to worry about that. 👍🏾

One pump in 285,000 is not bad though, not Toyota quality but not bad at all.

Cheers

No not bad at all.. I’ve got 225K I guess I should take care of it while I’m doing the swap lol.. picked up the Supra pump for 60 bucks so might as well.

What is the oil Barbell?
its in the back of the engine block, behind the rear main cover, from factory they are plastic with an oring, lots of good stainless and titanium ones, it effectively acts a oil galley plug to divert to the oil filter, IF you don have one or if it starts to pass it means oil goes through with out being filtered , it than allows oil to come from the filter up to your bearings and lifters.....

its actually a really really really important part that people over look.....

51YHGiXzQTL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Got around to install the sonnax 4l60e accumulator piston kit. So what this does is in GM units, it is common to have poor shift quality, burnt bands or clutches due to accumulator piston wear. Easy install but the last thing to do on the trans. Now I can mate it back to the engine.
E208496F-9D44-4196-B576-67B0C3759833.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom