Thermal pictures of the Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nope, my EGR was removed. That would have been fun to see, though.

Feels like I'm looking at some forensic photos or something!

Never bothered to take thermal pics. Did take some night vision pics though

31449960191758-vi.jpg

Pretty cool. Looks like this could be helpful for diagnosing certain issues

That's cool as s***! Is that a IPhone app? I think that would be the cats ass for tracking, wheeling, and stalking!!

Pretty cool. Looks like this could be helpful for diagnosing certain issues

I actually got it out to check for brake drag, if a brake is dragging it's way brighter than the others. This works a lot better than touching the discs and seeing which one burns you more.

It's also nice to see if the radiator cap is working, if and when the thermostat opens, and how well the cooling system as a whole is operating.

That's cool as s***! Is that a IPhone app? I think that would be the cats ass for tracking, wheeling, and stalking!!

It is the cat's ass! Unfortunately it's a bit more than an app, it's a special thermal camera. Mine is a FLIR Ex series with 320x240 resolution. That doesn't sound like a lot of pixels, but in thermal it's plenty of detail.

Here's the view off my back porch a few minutes ago, in "visible light":

4I20WGL.jpg

Here it is with the thermal camera:

rjXDn48.jpg

Of course, if anything hot like a person was out there they would light up like the sun!

Another FJ80 shot: (This time, nice and cold!)

3zRTsbK.jpg

My hand, again in pitch black:

x2OADTs.jpg

Or if he's just screwing a goat out in a field............

That's actually really neat....I was gonna say cool, but it's really hot, but I think I'll settle for NEAT-O Man!

I need that cause I do have a RR brake dragging. But I want to confirm that it's not actually the LR brake not working.

Naaaahhhh. Just the sheep.

that FLIR stuff is great, when the price comes down it could do really well for helping avoid wild lift at night, a little heads up display and you'll see the moose long before he decides to run out in front of you.

Wow, always forget how hot the cats get. Until I have to climb under them after shutting off the rig ofc.

Why is everyone cooking on the manifold when the muffler is 238°F!
Explains the hot floorboards for sure.
I got 160°F at the rear muffler when looking at adding gas cans underneath with a cheap point and shoot IR.
IC engines are so inefficient.

IC engines are so inefficient.

I know, right?!?!?!

I'm installing my Nuclear Fusion engine next week. It's MUCH more efficient!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom