The Tale of Two Cruisers... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone consider the crumple zone built into the vehicle and how the dynamic of a car crash changes when you bolt random s*** onto your frame?
The stock 5 mph bumper does not offer much in terms of a crumple zone. Most any front engine vehicle with body on frame construction do not offer much in terms of a frontal crumple zone. When they win, they win mostly because of sheer mass.

This guy is more than confused...and HATES Slee bumpers for some reason. A mod deleted a subsequent post of his here where he replied that the OP's truck after the armor installation looked like "he strapped 100 lbs on a turkey and told it to run". Not completely sure that your rational reply and feedback can eliminate or even reduce his delusion if he actually feels this way.

I think the Hundy looks amazing and I've got to tip my hat and credit @Dustin Messina for not telling this guy where to get off despite how foolish the guy makes himself look...

I suspect it’ll fall on deaf ears, but figured I’d try.

Slee and arb bumpers are ugly. That is my opinion. And what's more is I'd say most who put them on don't benefit from the hardware aspect aside from staring at them in their garage with a coffee cup in hand and saying "Ahhhyyyepppuhhhh" and going back inside to post about how much they love their bumper while wearing a robe.

Slee and arb bumpers are ugly. That is my opinion.

Why don't you start your own thread on the board to shared your opinions on these products?? These threads are for tech and vehicle builds and it is distasteful that you are constantly in other's threads derailing them to preach your beliefs on their choice of products....nobody's drinking your koolaid knucklehead

This guy is more than confused...and HATES Slee bumpers for some reason. A mod deleted a subsequent post of his here where he replied that the OP's truck after the armor installation looked like "he strapped 100 lbs on a turkey and told it to run". Not completely sure that your rational reply and feedback can eliminate or even reduce his delusion if he actually feels this way.

I think the Hundy looks amazing and I've got to tip my hat and credit @Dustin Messina for not telling this guy where to get off despite how foolish the guy makes himself look...

Thanks! It's actually fairly comical reading the replies. I have not seen a mud member that hates cruisers till now, ha. I am loving the 100 too and actually I love it so much I am going to sell my 17' Cement TRD Pro 4 runner and rock this rig as my daily driver. When I get done with it this one will be RIGHT!

Slee and arb bumpers are ugly. That is my opinion. And what's more is I'd say most who put them on don't benefit from the hardware aspect aside from staring at them in their garage with a coffee cup in hand and saying "Ahhhyyyepppuhhhh" and going back inside to post about how much they love their bumper while wearing a robe.

@2002TLCyes So, you have my interest peaked. What kind of rigs do you own? Please don't spare any details.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I have not seen a mud member that hates cruisers till now, ha. I

I'd not seen a mud member as universally hated as this guy until now, ha!

The best thing about his drivel is it got me to look at this thread that I'd missed out on! What a cool adventure. The keeper looks great! Now make sure you keep'er!

Last edited:
lol I see you have a lot of time on your hands to look up quotes from me. I put about 40,000 miles on my car every year and unfortunately that comes with a lot of maintenance issues. Unlike you who posts useless threads selling your old used up gear for twelve bucks.

This is the funniest thing I have read on mud in 15 years. @2002TLCyes - please immediately turn in your 100 keys for a prius/tesla/leaf/turd. As not using the gear, mud is not a poser site like many other 4x4/car sites on the web. We use our LCs as intended. 40,000 a mile a year in a vehicle, no wonder you are clueless and angry. Get some fresh air, maybe some yoga with your new hybrid. When you have over 10+ years of real experience off road come back and give some insights.

I put about 40,000 miles on my car every year and unfortunately that comes with a lot of maintenance issues.

And? Would you like a trophy?

It's clear you're unwanted. Why don't you contribute to the forum? Start by sharing your amazing Bluetooth solution. Support the site by paying for your membership or supporting our vendors. Show us what you've managed to come up with on your own to help others. Otherwise sit back and STFU.

With the new mud update is there a "mute" or "ignore" function like other forums?

Been here a while and the thought has not crossed my mind until now.

Bro, i like your no holds barred style and total lack of self awareness! Can we see your rig to show us the premier 100 series? Perhaps in your own thread to not douche up this one.

kthxbye

Last edited:
I too average 40k-45k miles per year for work purposes on my LX, a good portion of which is off pavement and in rough TX backcountry locations. It was the reason I selected this vehicle due to it's legendary reliability and reputation for toughness.

I see the word used often here but I would never call a Land Cruiser a "car". I believe that your needs and attitudes would be better served by finding a different forum that may more closely match your opinion that modified trucks are unnecessary. Your uninvited comments here bring absolutely no substance to this community and they are rediculus in nature and tone.

It is becoming pretty clear that @2002TLCyes will bring nothing to this forum but venom and his deliberate saltiness while continually crapping in others threads with his misguided banter.

If you somehow end up with a spare set of headlights and /or outer tail lights please PM me

I will look. I know have some headlights left over and drivers side out and both inner's. The lights don't have any issues with glass, but faded on the inside I believe. I can let you know. I also have TON of other stuff. If you need anything else let me know.

I will look. I know have some headlights left over and drivers side out and both inner's. The lights don't have any issues with glass, but faded on the inside I believe. I can let you know. I also have TON of other stuff. If you need anything else let me know.

i definitely do. i'll PM you

Finally got my hands on my Slee ladder assembly! @FJ60Cam had it dropped off at his shop over a month ago, @wngrog picked it up weeks ago for me and now I’m finally getting it! Looks great and completes the bumper. I’m going to get a new latch to match my new one on tire carrier. Over all the keeper is still coming together nicely! Next up will be rack, wrap the roof, rebuild front end, fix some paint chips. Finally sold my trd pro 4Runner so this is the everyday driver now. Loving it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom