Builds The Oddball 80 - Middle East GX Renovation (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You could run it on a Holley Terminator and you wouldn't need that MAF anymore :hillbilly: (Terminator is the MPFI version of the Sniper)

I might need some of this action....

You are supposed to be helping, not putting your thumb on the scale......

This transmission 100% saves the day for the 3FE. It’s the best shifting tranny I’ve ever had in a Cruiser.

Good to see that the Cruiser Luck got this thing in the hands of one of the very few people that can make this truck what it deserves to be.

If it fell into the hands of mere mortals it would have been found out in a field under a tarp in 10 years!!

Good to see that the Cruiser Luck got this thing in the hands of one of the very few people that can make this truck what it deserves to be.

If it fell into the hands of mere mortals it would have been found out in a field under a tarp in 10 years!!

Thank you sir. I have to work through all the 80 Karma I’ve self imposed. I think we will be OK. Still more to come. The more I drive it the more I find parts that didn’t like sitting up for 15 years

Dustin’s dad did a fine job repairing my AFM boo boo.

But it still won’t fire. I think I disturbed the pick up coils in the distributor when I attempted to clean it in the truck.

I will try to find a good distributor to test and see.

Of course, I can’t get the distributor out. I had to use a hammer to get it to move at all clock/counter but it won’t pop out. I Hosed it with Kroil and am calling it a day.

0A10856B-55D6-48CD-A4CE-E08937D189F6.jpeg

DCB4D193-024C-47A8-9E5C-77BD5E9AC970.jpeg

Dustin’s dad did a fine job repairing my AFM boo boo.

But it still won’t fire. I think I disturbed the pick up coils in the distributor when I attempted to clean it in the truck.

I will try to find a good distributor to test and see.

Of course, I can’t get the distributor out. I had to use a hammer to get it to move at all clock/counter but it won’t pop out. I Hosed it with Kroil and am calling it a day.

View attachment 2420090

View attachment 2420091

Any 3FE distributor will work, '88-92.

Run the codes and see what pops up.

Any 3FE distributor will work, '88-92.

Run the codes and see what pops up.

I don’t even know how to check codes on this thing.

There is no CEL that I see but I’m sure they wired one into it when they added the EFI it’s just not on.

Is it a paper clip thing and count the flashes like the AFI was?

I don’t even know how to check codes on this thing.

There is no CEL that I see but I’m sure they wired one into it when they added the EFI it’s just not on.

Is it a paper clip thing and count the flashes like the AFI was?

Small black box on the upper right firewall. Has a cover that opens with about 9 or so labelled wire spots. I think you jumper the TE1 and B1 (going by memory so double check this) with a wire and then turn on the key and count the flashes on the CEL light.

Maybe the CEL was wired into one of the other lights. When I did the 3FE swap into the 60 I used the choke light for the CEL spot.

Mine does not have a factory fuel pump so I’m not sure if those still play a role in my system.

To review. Truck was running good before I messed with it.

During the Desmog I changed the cap, rotor, plugs and wires for OEM.

Igniter and coil on this truck are late 2F style igniter and generic round coil (all worked when parked)

I had to use a 2F wire from coil to cap.

The dissy looked like hell inside. There was no gasket. I used a wire brush and air and a bit of Kroil to clean up inside the dissy.

I am getting 12.2v at the coil wire going into the dissy when I turn the key and starter.

No spark is coming out of the dissy.

Fuel pump setup I have is getting and sending fuel.

I’m guessing I messed up the pick up coils in the dissy when I cleaned them

When you turn the key to ‘on’ without starting, are you seeing the CEL illuminated?

When you turn the key to ‘on’ without starting, are you seeing the CEL illuminated?

If this light above the battery is the CEL then yes. I’ll do the jumper thing tomorrow and see what it flashes.

Edit. That’s the battery discharge light. Can’t find a CEL listed in this manual

E8193CA1-969E-4100-B84B-F2DFAD215D8C.jpeg

This isn't going well. I'll spare you future 80 series torment and take it off your hands for $500.

This thing is quickly getting into my Cruiser business plan.

Spend double what it’s worth so not tempted to sell it ....

With key turned to on what lights come on?

Jump the proper terminals with a paper clip and see what (if anything) happens on the cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom