The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Re: Nico. I think he started coming to monthly meetings about the same time I did in 2018. I remember him as being young and enthusiastic. Nice guy. His name actually showed on my phone as I was searching for a different Hernandez about 3-4 weeks ago, and I thought about texting him to try to catch up for lunch one day but I didn't have a definite date for my monthly Virginia trip yet so I didn't. Hadn't talked with him in almost a year. I'm only at about 10% max of being able to be there on the 22nd but have fun if you guys do something after the service. I do agree that he'd think it was awesome to do so.

My black '97 CE turned 25 this month. Plates are already in hand.
20220118_154630.jpg

The "insane" thing is that in less than one year, the 100 Series will officially become Antiques.

Nice! My 40th gets those in April.
If want them, you can get them now, since it's based on model year.

I had a bit of tricky situation... the plates on the CE were expiring on 12/31. And an emission test was due. But that truck only gets driven once or twice a year and she's not coming out during the winter.
Wasn't eligible for the Antique plates until 1/1, but in order apply, you must have a current registration.
A very helpful woman at the pop-up DMV helped me out by doing a 30 day extension on my tags in order to get me past December, and then I was able to submit the Antique application as soon as I could get another appointment this month.

Vanity plates arrived in twelve calendar days.

Speaking of DMVs and insanity...

Last year we lost the DMV Select in Purcellville. Something about census data indicating that state funding was no longer warranted.
Which leaves the Leesburg location, which might be the worst DMV I've ever been to. And I don't make that claim lightly.

I tried the brand new DMV in Sterling. Impossible to find. Short staffed. Wait in a line, so you can wait in a line so you can then wait with a number.
Idiotic. And that location is SUPPOSED to be the very best of what the DMV has to offer.

If you're looking for an appointment, I suggest checking for the DMV Connect locations, which basically pop up in random locations around the state. I've been to two different ones. They can handle all transactions, including licenses. And I *think* that the staff is perhaps a notch or two above the drones who man the regular DMV offices.

I was in the DMV about a month ago trying to move all our vehicles in to our trust and the lady couldn't move the 80 b/c they didn't show I had a current emissions inspection. My plate sticker and registration says 2023 for the expiration so I was like there's no way for me to get either of those unless my emissions was done. She agreed but said there was nothing she could do about it. She told me to either produce the emissions receipt (who keeps those?) or wait until April when my vehicle hit the 25 year old mark when emissions is no longer necessary and come back. I guess it could be the antique plate and 25 year emissions requirement are not connected but I'd think they would be. Either way I'm waiting until April for my next trip back to the DMV just to be sure. I'd rather deal with a pack of jackals than those idiots. The DMV and the IRS, they just higher all the people who are virtually unemployable in private industry.

I was in the DMV about a month ago trying to move all our vehicles in to our trust and the lady couldn't move the 80 b/c they didn't show I had a current emissions inspection. My plate sticker and registration says 2023 for the expiration so I was like there's no way for me to get either of those unless my emissions was done. She agreed but said there was nothing she could do about it. She told me to either produce the emissions receipt (who keeps those?) or wait until April when my vehicle hit the 25 year old mark when emissions is no longer necessary and come back. I guess it could be the antique plate and 25 year emissions requirement are not connected but I'd think they would be. Either way I'm waiting until April for my next trip back to the DMV just to be sure. I'd rather deal with a pack of jackals than those idiots. The DMV and the IRS, they just higher all the people who are virtually unemployable in private industry.
This is when you reveal your status as "free man on the land", show her your sovereign citizen ID, shred the license plate with a Bowie knife and immediately serve the Secretary of the DMW with a notarized affidavit notice that you are no longer required to pay taxes and will only answer by your first name.

This is when you reveal your status as "free man on the land", show her your sovereign citizen ID, shred the license plate with a Bowie knife and immediately serve the Secretary of the DMW with a notarized affidavit notice that you are no longer required to pay taxes and will only answer by your first name.
Wait a minute now... That's an option??? :rofl:

Yeah I thought about that. I have to go get the Suburbans inspected soon so I'll ask them about it. I use the Exxon right across from your neighborhood for all my inspection.

You may get lucky and find your report here:

One of these days I'm gonna share my full firsthand account of how truly punative, arbitrary and evil the DEQ is. And what their plan is with those roadside tailpipe sniffers.

BTW, you REALLY want to save those emissions reports.. If you get into a run-in with the DEQ, you will need them.

And what their plan is with those roadside tailpipe sniffers.

We're all ears!

I like the convenience but certainly could be convinced to avoid them.

4 year wait for the 300 series apparently. Kinda doubt they'll introduce it to the US while this is the case.

Pretty apparent Toyota does not have to sell the Lankers in the US to make their money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom