The Monstalined 80's thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I missed it, but how are you guys prepping the side view mirrors for lining? I’ll be spraying mine desert tan in a few weeks. Been watching this thread for a year and I’m very impressed with some of the results.
I also sprayed. Remove the whole mirror and tape off/mask the "glass".

Maybe I missed it, but how are you guys prepping the side view mirrors for lining? I’ll be spraying mine desert tan in a few weeks. Been watching this thread for a year and I’m very impressed with some of the results.

I used some adhesion promoter but honestly I don’t think it did anything. If I did it again I would just “send it.” As long as you scuff up this stuff sticks like mad.

I think lining the 80 is still 3rd or 4th on my list, but until then I've settled on the Nuclear Winter.

Has anyone done an 80 in full Nuclear Winter yet????????

I'm still loving this monstaliner. I'm waiting on my bumper to built buy a biddy but it has not slowed me down.

In the sun.jpg

I guess the big question is what do you do for the hinge that allows the mirrors to be folded in? Separate with a razor after spraying ?
It didn't interfere with mine.

For those of you who sprayed your 80 with epoxy primer before applying the Monstaliner.... how much epoxy primer did you use? I have two quarts of the Magnapoxy primer and I'd like to order more if necessary. Thanks!

Has anyone figured out a way to minimize the "orange peel" texture yet? That's my only sticking point so far. I don't hate the texture, but I don't love it either. I almost want to go grab a hood from pull-a-part to experiment on.

Has anyone figured out a way to minimize the "orange peel" texture yet? That's my only sticking point so far. I don't hate the texture, but I don't love it either. I almost want to go grab a hood from pull-a-part to experiment on.
It all depends on how much you thin the stuff and what PSI you spray at. No matter what you do though you’re not going to get a finish like normal paint.

Finally finished painting my truck with custom tinted Rhinoliner. Took it wheeling last weekend through very narrow trails with lots of bushes and trees. All the other drivers had scratches on both sides of thier trucks, not a SINGLE scratch on mine. Very Happy with the overall finished product. I love it when people say "you will never be able to resell your truck". My answer to that- When I am dead, I could care less if my estate has hard time selling it. They can bury me in it as far as I am concerned. Just as long it's on top of a mountain 😀

20210514_170312.jpg

20210514_170345.jpg

Finally finished painting my truck with custom tinted Rhinoliner. Took it wheeling last weekend through very narrow trails with lots of bushes and trees. All the other drivers had scratches on both sides of thier trucks, not a SINGLE scratch on mine. Very Happy with the overall finished product. I love it when people say "you will never be able to resell your truck". My answer to that- When I am dead, I could care less if my estate has hard time selling it. They can bury me in it as far as I am concerned. Just as long it's on top of a mountain 😀

View attachment 2678051

View attachment 2678052
Looks good. Im on the edge of keeping mine when I retire to Japan. They already told me ill need fender flares. Been eyeing them for a while. Hows the install and what do you think about them?

Looks good. Im on the edge of keeping mine when I retire to Japan. They already told me ill need fender flares. Been eyeing them for a while. Hows the install and what do you think about them?
I would think you could find good flares in Japan. I like the look of the flares, but they definitely don't fit perfectly and it was a chore installing. I sprayed them with black Rinoliner which makes them look alot better

I would think you could find good flares in Japan. I like the look of the flares, but they definitely don't fit perfectly and it was a chore installing. I sprayed them with black Rinoliner which makes them look alot better
Yeah they told me they can put flares on, but I'm Raptor lined and want them to match. Where they will do everything to make it compliant, I will not be. And I sure thiers not going to ask me about each mode they will do.

@Cruiser4Lyfe That's what I was thinking. I don't expect a normal paint finish, just something more in line with the flat or matte finish that range rover and a few others have available these days. I'm not discounting the work that anyone in the thread has done, I just like a smoother look than the walls in my house.
Did you have yours done at a shop?

Wife got mine done as a surprise. I guess talking about wanting it done over the years finally wore her out. Turned out great! Done by Line X in Jackson, MS. Just got it back to Colorado and couldn't be happier!

IMG_3148.jpg

Wife got mine done as a surprise. I guess talking about wanting it done over the years finally wore her out. Turned out great! Done by Line X in Jackson, MS. Just got it back to Colorado and couldn't be happier!

View attachment 2789010
She’s a keeper. Both of them..

have they got monsterliner back in stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom