The "good" 12V compressor at Costco for $48.99 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Happened to be in a different Costco today (Westminster one)...and wanted to see how bad my cellphone camera was...pretty bad...this Costco has a nifty display, the other Costco did not have the cool display.

costco.jpg

It is not ye in stock at the Costco in Mesa AZ. I'll find out this weekend about Tucson. Kevin and i were pretty bummed out. :frown:

I looked at our local Costco and couldn't find it as well. I ordered it from Summit Racing for $69.95. Thanks for posting this compressor! Instead of buying a CO2 tank now I'll have more money to spend on other goodies.

Has anyone mounted one of these to their 80 with an extra tank? Pictures?

CV

Same here... :frown:

Good find at Checker / PartsAmerica...not available in my area...also I looked a few years ago when they were on clearance for $25...stores around here had no idea what they were, never seen them, couldn't even look them up, frustrating to say the least...but if you can find one at Checker then that's great...course I hate Checker, but that's just me.. :D

I'd recommend calling to verify they actually have it (i.e. pull it off the shelf and hold it for you)...IMO Checker has a bad habit of "Oh yeah we have it" and you get there, they do NOT have it, don't remember you calling, etc...

got mine on clearance for 14.99 at checker last year sometime

Pep Boys also carries them.

Just used mine for the first time last weekend. The gauge sucks, but the pump works great. Pretty strong little pump and really quiet. We even used one to re-seat a bead on CreeperSleeper's truck once. Not too shabby.

I actually do use the gauge on mine.
I stop when the comp gauge says 5psi above my goal.
Usually very close, and pretty repeatable.

I like the compressor but I hate the hose. Has anyone tried using another hose set up?

Haven't yet (I bought one of the compressors for 'another' 4wd I own).

On my 80 I have a thomas ta4101 and with that I use a polyurethane hose (that I leave stashed in front of the main battery). Polyurethane hoses are very soft and flexible and MUCH nicer than the standard PVC (or whatever the cheap/stiff hoses are made of).

cheers,
george.

Just picked mine up yesterday. Ultimately it will be used as a backup. I just havent decided which CO2 system I'm gonna go with.

I like the compressor but I hate the hose. Has anyone tried using another hose set up?

I haven't used a different hose but I did cut the hose and put my own end on it, so it doesn't have that stupid screw-on thing (mine was leaking). Just cut it at the rubber part at the end, then slide in a barbed piece (designed to repair air hoses) and then you can put whatever end you want on it...I put a end on that holds onto the valve stem itself, looks just like an air-compressor fitting (has a shell you pull down to attach/remove)...works very well, one thing that is a bit annoying though is the end I put on doesn't let air flow unless it's connected to something, so if you flip on the compressor without first connecting the hose to something it fills the hose very rapidly, so I try not to do that (it hits about 100psi in a maybe 3 seconds).

I think the threaded part on the compressor is probably a normal NPT thread, so you could put your own fitting on there and use your own hose...I'm tempted to do that just so I can use a 25' hose, not the 12' it came with.

mine has a quick-disconnect coupling at the compressor. These don't?

mine has a quick-disconnect coupling at the compressor. These don't?
They do but it's a male (backwards) and I don't know if it's something standard or proprietary. I'd look into replacing it with something standard and female.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom