The COVID Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"North Carolina has counted 763 positive COVID-cases as of Friday morning. 15,136 COVID-19 tests have been completed statewide. "

Based on that, it would seem that over 14k people are showing symptoms of this sickness and are not sick from it. Isn't that a little disconcerting? I mean, you're not going to get tested because you're sniffling and have a slight headache right? You're going to get tested because you think you might have it (aka - really really sick)....

And you arrive at the facility, they test you, you wait, coughing and holding your chest wondering what the result is... "Test Negative" and you now breathe a sigh of relief because you don't have this particular virus. Because let's face it we've been dealing with "It's probably a virus" as our standard healthcare practitioner's response for many many years..... "Go home and rest, and take these antibiotics" even though we know it won't help fight the virus off....

So to those other 14k people that 'tested negative'... I say, good luck to you as well - because if you are sick enough to voluntarily let someone swab your brain with a q-tip, regardless of COVID, you're probably in rough shape. Just like everyone, literally millions of us every year are told "it's probably a virus" doesn't really help does it?

Deep thoughts, by James.

The same news organization that alerted me to the above just sent me this:

RALEIGH, N.C. —
Another 11 people have died of complications of the flu in North Carolina, health officials said Thursday. Five people died during the week ending March 21, and another six deaths were reported from previous weeks, the N.C. Division of Public Health said. Of the latest deaths, seven were ages 65 and older and four were ages 50 to 64. For the year, the death toll for the 2019-2020 flu season is at 149. Of those, 87 were age 65 and older. The number of reported flu cases in North Carolina fell by nearly 15% last week to 4,280. The seasonal peak was 7,201 cases in the week ending Feb. 8.

Last edited:
Why hasn’t there been a thread wide freak out over the governor’s recent executive order yet?

1585346340277.png

I know there are a few of us on here.

That was a literary trip down memory lane. Thank you for that. Not that I needed a distraction because I remember the booger box (back of the station wagon) all too well. And I can occupy my isolation quite well now that Gin and Tonic season is in full swing.

It's so incredibly frustrating seeing what's going on in NYC and having my neighbors throw a family get together, with a few dozen people, acting like this virus won't affect them.

There are a lot of differing opinions on this thread and understandably so due to the information (or lack of) that we are receiving. Therefore, I will only speak to recent personal experience.

As of yesterday, my family has been personally impacted by the coronavirus as my wife's father passed away with the official cause of death being COVID-19.

We are devastated by this and especially due to the fact that because of the restrictions imposed, we are unable to have a funeral or even see the body. Like a cruel insult upon injury, he will be buried with no opportunity to come together as a family and grieve and comfort each other during this very difficult time.

I hope and pray that no one else will go through this painful situation under these trying times, but all indications show that many people will suffer similar fates. Our faith in our God is helping us through this and we hold steadfast to the hope and comfort He provides.

There are a lot of differing opinions on this thread and understandably so due to the information (or lack of) that we are receiving. Therefore, I will only speak to recent personal experience.

As of yesterday, my family has been personally impacted by the coronavirus as my wife's father passed away with the official cause of death being COVID-19.

We are devastated by this and especially due to the fact that because of the restrictions imposed, we are unable to have a funeral or even see the body. Like a cruel insult upon injury, he will be buried with no opportunity to come together as a family and grieve and comfort each other during this very difficult time.

I hope and pray that no one else will go through this painful situation under these trying times, but all indications show that many people will suffer similar fates. Our faith in our God is helping us through this and we hold steadfast to the hope and comfort He provides.
No words for this... My heart goes out to you and your family, Jorge.

so sorry Jorge. Prayers to you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom